Guess what…? There is NO lettuce in this salad! That’s right, a no lettuce salad and it what’s GREAT about today.
Why may you ask?
Well, this salad is for one warm and thus completely un-salad like and then two it’s filled, FILLED, with amazing ingredients like Cauliflower Rice, Avocado, and hello Chili Roasted Cashews.
Boom! There’s your amazing lunch staring right at you from the computer screen.
This recipe concludes my 3-week Bulletproof Diet journaling journey here. I’ll continue to do the diet and report back on my progress, but I have missed making some of my other healthy (healthy-ish) meals. This salad, or un-salad if you will, was one of my creations while following this way of eating.
Overall I was hoping to end this several week excursion with much more success. After all the book touts, “lose a pound a day and gain energy and focus,” which were not exactly my results. In order to achieve such results, my guess would be that you have to follow this diet pretty much exactly.
The summary is that I’m down 6 lbs total (I’m also writing this about 2 days before finishing week 3), and as I mentioned I was hoping for more, but down is down. I’ve had a bit more energy, but I don’t have “conquer the world” type levels of energy, and perhaps it takes a tad more time on the diet to achieve such so that I’ll get back to you on.
So yes, I did lose some weight and I’m really loving the Bulletproof Coffee, but I think my favorite part was the new recipes I came up with such as this salad.
If you’ve tried the Bulletproof Diet or coffee, I’d love to hear your results too!Print
Warm Broccoli & Cauliflower Spring Salad
This Broccoli & Cauliflower Spring Salad is void of any lettuce and thus very un-salad like, but filled with healthy paleo and bulletproof ingredients.
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 8 Mins
- Total Time: 28 minutes
- Yield: 4 Servings
- 1/2 cup Crushed Cashews
- 2 teaspoons Grapeseed Oil (or Olive Oil)
- 1 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1 cup Frozen Broccoli Rice
- 1 cup Frozen Cauliflower Rice
- 1 medium Avocado
- 8 medium Asparagus Stalks
- 2 tablespoons Pumpkin Seeds
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Lime Juice
- 1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 2 teaspoons Raw Honey
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Toss the Cashews with the Grapeseed Oil (or oil of choice) and sprinkle with Chili Powder. Place on a rimmed baking sheet and cook for 5 minutes, or until the nuts begin to turn a dark brown color.
- Place the Broccoli Rice and Cauliflower Rice in a heat-proof bowl and microwave (I know this isn’t Bulletproof, but you can also heat it on the stove in a pot) for 3 minutes. Mix well and divide between 4 bowls or meal prep containers.
- Top the riced veggies with the Avocado, Asparagus Stalks, and Pumpkin Seeds.
- In a small bowl whisk all the dressing ingredients together and drizzle on top of each salad.
If you plan on using this salad for your meal prep then remove the avocado and add it each days so it doesn’t brown throughout the week.