Chicken in Garlic Butter Lemon Sauce sounds fancy, but really it’s just a 6-ingredient-only impostor, which is why it’s perfect for dinner.
Perfect for dinner at home AND dinner parties! Let me explain…
We need this kind of recipe in our lives because hello lives are busy. School and school activities are in full swing whether you’re in pre-k or finishing up your senior year at (insert college). If you’re just navigating the struggle that is adulting then you need this recipe too. Busy peeps unite! Life can be oh so busy at any stage, in this 4th quarter of the year.
Our current schedule looks like this: dinner parties, class parties, a few doctors appointments, me all 👩🏼💻 and juggling with these 👧🏼👦🏼 and the Husband 🛫. We’re all over the place and that’s why I need dinner to be simple. I’ve already reached a point in the year where I’ve maxed out on eating out and am kind of over junk food (don’t worry that last part will likely pass by this afternoon). I’m craving healthy home cooking.
Thank goodness I’m a food blogger and potentially a lazy one at that because easy dinner recipes are my happy place. Chicken is easy, yes, and I get it can be boring, true, but the secret is in the sauce and that’s why it’s so NOT boring. Here you have garlic roasted in oil and simmered in a buttery lemon sauce, that you drowned your seared chicken in and top with some lemon slices. You end up with one beautiful dinner, which is why…
This chicken in garlic lemon butter sauce is dinner party perfect. There’s no need to busy yourself in the kitchen for hours on end preparing for guests. No one has time for that nonsense (hi, that’s what eating out is for). When you have this recipe you can pour yourself a glass of wine and get started a half hour before guests arrive. No fuss, little mess and all kinds of dinner success.
There you have a versatile chicken dinner that’s easy, not boring and healthy not fussy. I bet you have most of the ingredients too.Print
Chicken in Garlic Butter Lemon Sauce sounds fancy, but really it’s just a 6-ingredient-only imposter, which is why it’s perfect for dinner.
- 8 bone-in, skin on Chicken Thighs
- Salt and freshly ground Pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons Butter, divided
- 4 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 cup Chicken Broth
- 2 Lemons
- 1 teaspoon Dried Thyme
- Melt 2 tablespoons of Butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Season Chicken with salt and pepper and add, skin side down, to the skillet and sear on both sides for about 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown. Drain and set chicken aside.
- Melt the remaining tablespoon of Butter in the skillet and add the Garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, until fragrant, about 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in Broth, juice from 1 Lemon, and Thyme.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer until sauce begins to thicken about 3 to 5 minutes. Return chicken to skillet, add Lemon slices from remaining lemon and cover. Increase heat to medium and continue to cook chicken for about 8 to 10 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees. Serve immediately.