Oh hey there and Happy Thanksgiving!
Somehow this week has turned into a breakfast theme and not just that but a “here’s a different way to do your eggs theme,” (see my last post, Baked Eggs with Ricotta & Thyme) cause I’m guessing I’m pretty burnt out on my scrambled eggs or scrambled eggs with spinach morning rotation.
Or maybe it’s the week of Thanksgiving (and in fact it is Thanksgiving), which means travel and lazy mornings and thus even more creative breakfasts. I don’t know, but there’s definitely a trend…
Quiches are just so wonderful! They really are, but sometimes I’m trying to do the whole “low on gluten/carbs” thing (Not today though! I’m not that crazy! Kudos if you are though…) and so I don’t make them as much as I want. This Goat Cheese & Herb Quiche with Sweet Potato Crust solves that problem!
Don’t be scared off by the Sweet Potato Crust if you’re worried it sounds complicated! It’s not! I promise. I used this handy little tool the Joseph Joseph Y-Peeler to shred my potatoes in minutes and the rest of the quiche is just mixing the other ingredients together.
This breakfast is sooooo good. I can think of many reasons to make it such as, well it’s Thanksgiving morning and let’s all just eat as much as possible today!
I hope you have a wonderful day with friend and family or doing whatever you may be doing. I’m thankful you’ve stopped by.Print
This Goat Cheese & Herb Quiche with Sweet Potato Crust solves the problem of the calories from the crust as well as cutting the gluten.
- Coconut Oil (for brushing dish)
- 2 tablespoons Butter (softened)
- 1 medium Sweet Potato (shredded (I used this tool))
- 12 large Eggs
- Salt & Pepper
- 3/4 cup Sour Cream
- 4 oz Goat Cheese
- handful Spinach (torn)
- 1/2 teaspoon Thyme
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Brush the bottom and side of a pie dish with the Coconut Oil.
- In a medium bowl mix the Sweet Potatoes, 1 Egg, 1/2 teaspoon Salt and 1/4 teaspoon Pepper. Pat the mixture into bottom and up sides of the prepared dish. Place on a baking sheet; bake until set, 15 to 20 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk Sour Cream, Goat Cheese, 1/2 teaspoon Salt, and 1/4 teaspoon Pepper until well combined; whisk in the remaining eggs. Pour into crust and sprinkle with torn Spinach and Thyme. Bake until set, 45 to 50 minutes.