This rich, decadent, dreamy latte is perfect for summer sipping when your morning needs a little indulgence and a whole ‘lotta s’mores.
Okay, so I may have gone a little overboard on this drink… Maybe, just a bit.
It happens (more than I like to admit) and especially when it comes to food…
This latte started in Wyoming, which is clearly my restaurant inspiration of the moment (obsessed much?). Not far from our cabin was the hippest, far too cool for me, coffee shop named Elevated Grounds, with creative foamy lattes for the uber cool.
I held off on drinking the so-called S’mores Latte for as long as humanly possible for me, which was probably less than 48 hours if I’m being perfectly honest. After that first sip though it was all downhill (or mountain since we’re talking Wyoming here).
From there 2 lattes a day became the norm and once I even planned my run route around the coffee shop so I could stop for a rest break and obviously a s’mores latte. Clearly, I could justify this because I was burning calories, right?
I’ve just had to add a couple extra runs since we’ve been home to cover myself…
Now, this recipe is fairly simple, really, I just got carried away in the presentation (just a tiny bit). Here’s the list:
- Strong Espresso
- Melted Chocolate
- Heavy Cream
- Marshmallow Fluff
- Graham Cracker Crumbs
Yes, it is a bit more involved than your morning drip coffee but this is a next level Latte we’re talking about here. This is the kind of espresso that blows brunch out of this world, the kind dreams are made of!! There I go getting carried away again…
If you’re feeling a bit decadent and want something to sweeten your morning then this s’mores Latte is the way to go.
This rich, decadent, dreamy latte is perfect for summer sipping when your morning needs a little indulgence and a whole lotta s’mores.
- Prep Time: 15 Mins
- Cook Time: 5 Mins
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 2 Lattes
- 5 large Egg Whites
- 1 1/2 cups Sugar
- 1/4 cup Graham Cracker Crumbs
- 4 Shots Espresso (I used Nespresso pods )
- 2 Cups Whole Milk
- 1/2 Cup Chocolate Chips
- 1/4 Cup Heavy Cream
- Using the double boiler again or a bowl placed over simmering water heat the Egg Whites and Sugar. Bring the mixture to 160 degrees F while continuously whisking.
- Transfer the mixture to an electric mixer, fitted with the whisk attachment. Beat on medium high speed until the mixture cools begins to form stiff peaks, about 10 – 12 minutes.
- Take some of the marshmallow topping and spread it around the edge of the glass. Pour the Graham Cracker Crumbs into a flat dish and roll the marshmall edges of the glass into the crumbs.
- Brew your Espresso and steam or froth your Milk. Pour the heated milk over the espresso into the prepard cups.
- In a small saucepan heat the Chocolate Chips and Heavy Cream over medium heat, stiring continuously. Once chocolate chips have completely melted and mixture has a smooth texture, pour into espresso.
- Top the latte with the marshmallow fluff and sprinkle with additional graham cracker crumbs and chocolate sauce.
You’re going to end up with leftover marshmallow fluff (lucky you!) so you can store it in an airtight container in the fridge for future use. If you’d prefer to skip this step then store bought marshmallows and or marshmallow fluff will work too.