This quick and easy recipe for 15 Minute Miso Glazed Shrimp Stir-Fry not only comes together in minutes but boasts a unique tangy and savory stir fry flavor. This shrimp recipe is packed with delicious vegetables such as carrots, bell pepper, and snow peas finished off with a syrupy miso glaze.
Quick and Easy Shrimp Stir-Fry
Does this recipe really only take 15-minutes? Yes, because I’ve timed it myself. There’s just some quick slicing and prep and then everything goes into your skillet or wok for a quick 10 minutes of cooking. This quick and easy shrimp stir-fry really is as advertised.
Some nights dinner is a force greater than a toddler tantrum in Target and finding the power to press forward in your kitchen can be a feat in and of itself. Those are the nights when I’m here for you dear friend with a dinner made in under 15 minutes.
A dinner filled with fresh ingredients so light you’ll practically be floating on air after devouring the entire skillet.
What is Miso?
According to Fine Cooking miso is a Japanese condiment that originally came from China. Doujiang, the Chinese predecessor to miso, was invented as a way to preserve soybeans. The plant was an important crop for replenishing the soil, but the beans spoil quickly. The Chinese turned to fermentation to preserve the beans and keep them edible. Miso was born.
Do I Need a Wok for Stir-frying?
Absolutely, not! Yes, I actually used my Le Cruset braiser to prepare this recipe and it turned out perfectly. Although, I should note I immediately ordered a wok because I sensed many more stir-fry dinners in our future.
Tips for Preparing Stir-Fry
Use a large skillet with rounded edges to prepare this recipe.
Don’t overcrowd the skillet! Too much shrimp and vegetables won’t allow room for proper cooking.
Stir-frys are quick so you’ll want to use a medium-high temperature when cooking. This allows the shrimp to cook through while the vegetables remain crisp.
How to Make Miso Glazed Shrimp Stir-Fry
More Stir-Fry Recipes
If dinner is one of your biggest challenges of the day, and it has been mine on many occasions, then this quick and easy shrimp stir-fry meal will help maintain whatever sanity you may be holding on.
- Easy Beef and Broccoli Stir-Fry
- Vietnamese Beef Stir-Fry
- Take-Out Style Chicken Lo Mein
- Easy Vegetable Lo Mein
15-Minute Miso Glazed Shrimp Stir Fry
- 1/4 cup Soy Sauce
- 4 Garlic Cloves minced
- 3 tablespoons Miso Paste
- 1 teaspoon Sesame Oil
- 1 lb Large Shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 Red Bell Pepper seeded and sliced
- 1/2 cup Carrots shredded
- 1/2 cup Chicken Broth
- 1 teaspoon Cornstarch
- 2 cups Snow Peas
- In a medium-sized bowl whisk the Soy Sauce, Garlic Cloves, Miso Paste, and Sesame Oil together.
- Heat a medium-sized skillet over medium-high heat and add the Shrimp, Peppers, and Carrots. Pour the sauce over the ingredients and toss to coat. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
- Whisk the Chicken Broth and Cornstarch together in a small bowl and add to the skillet along with the Snow Peas. Stir to thoroughly mix the ingredients, cover, and let cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until the sauce has thickened.
- Garnish with Green Onions and Sesame Seeds.