It’s the new year, which means meal prep is in and eating last minute candy canes you pulled off your tree for lunch are so last year. We’re actually going to eat lunch in 2018 and it’s going to be tasty meals like this Asian Chicken Chopped salad with a peanut (PEANUT ????!! PEANUT BUTTER) dressing.
Anyone else make plans to eat healthy this year??
Eating healthy doesn’t have to mean chomping on kale chips unless you want to, but when a wholesome meal like this chopped salad exists why would we (unless maybe to crumble them on top? idk!). Healthy meals shouldn’t be hard.
I’m a salad girl, I love salads, but I get that they can be boring at the best of times, but not this salad. It’s the opposite of boring, it’s exciting, maybe even magical.
Healthy wholesome ingredients that keep you full and fill you with energy are what we’re talking about here. Such as:
- crunchy cabbage/slaw mix
- almond slivers (extra crunch)
- red peppers for all kinds of benefits
- peanut dressing
We’re currently on day 4 of this chopped salad and day 3 of being snowed in here in Charleston and this salad is part of the reason I’m still sane (I think I mentioned it was magical above). I have not left the house people and neither have my kids. It’s not pretty. No one is pretty at this point.
Except for this salad, which I tossed together on New Year’s Day, the night before my healthy eating went into effect, and placed it into individual meal prep containers. I then blended the dressing and placed it in a jar for extra easy eating.
This little time saver alone had made all the difference in my week and kicked off a strong streak (we’re celebrating all milestones here even if it is just 4 days long) for healthy eating habits.
This peanut dressing tho… Really, it’s life! ????
This Asian Chicken Chopped Salad is an easy one to prepare so you won’t feel the dread that sometimes comes with meal prep. You know what I’m talking about but you also know how important meal prep is and this is one simple way to do it. Let’s get ready for the week ahead and get going for lunch or dinner.
For some reason seeing all these meal prep containers stacked in my fridge make me happy and feel as if I’m super healthy. Thus I’m more inclined to eat healthy in addition to the fact that it’s already prepared food. Idk it works! Maybe it will work for you.
- 4 cups Coleslaw Mix
- 1 cup Red Cabbage shredded
- 1 Red Bell Pepper sliced
- 1 lb Chicken Breast cooked and shredded
- 1/2 cup Slivered Almonds
- 6 Green Onions green parts only
- 5 teaspoons Sesame Seeds divided
- 1/4 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Rice Vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Sesame Oil
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 3 tablespoons Peanut Butter
- Toss the coleslaw, red cabbage, bell pepper, shredded chicken, and almonds in a large bowl and divide between 5 meal prep containers.
- Sprinkle the Green Onions and Sesame Seeds on top.
- Whisk the apple cider vinegar, rice vinegar, sesame oil, olive oil, and peanut butter. Depending on how thick you like your dressing either add more peanut butter or more olive oil to thin. Store in an air-tight container or drizzle directly over the salad.