Meal Prep is in and so is eating a healthy lunch. This Asian Chicken Chopped Salad is the perfect gluten-free, dairy-free, clean meal when you’re cleaning up your diet and still want to enjoy your food.
- 4 cups Cole Slaw Mix (1 bag)
- 1 cup Red Cabbage, shredded
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, sliced
- 4 Chicken Breasts, cooked and shredded
- 1/2 cup Slivered Almonds
- 6 Green Onions, sliced, green parts only
- 5 teaspoons Sesame Seeds
- 1/4 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Rice Vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Sesame Oil
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 3 tablespoons Peanut Butter
- Salad: Toss the Cole Slaw, Red Cabbage, Bell Pepper, Shredded Chicken, and Almonds in a large bowl and divide between 5 meal prep containers. Sprinkle the Green Onions and Sesame Seeds on top. Seal and store in the fridge.
- Dressing: In a blender combine the Apple Cider Vinegar, Rice Vinegar, Sesame Oil, Olive Oil and Peanut butter. Depending on how thick you like your dressing either add more peanut butter or more olive oil to thin. Blend and store in an airtight container until ready to pour over the salad.
I used thinly sliced chicken for this recipe. I sprinkled both sides with salt and pepper and cooked it in a skillet with olive oil heated over medium-high heat. Cook each side for about 4 to 5 minutes or until the temp reached 160 degrees. Then shred the chicken using 2 forks.
To save time get a rotisserie chicken at the store and shred it using 2 forks as well.