Asian Sesame Quinoa Salad is a happy meal prep salad with crunchy vegetables and healthy ingredients. Little prep is required for this simple salad that tastes so delicious.
If you’re looking for more simple salads that are also great for meal prep? Then try this Asian Chicken Chopped Salad or this Stone Fruit Salad Jar.
Asian Sesame Quinoa Salad
Crunchy vegetables like red cabbage, carrots and bell pepper are the healthy base for this simple salad with an Asian sesame flair. If you’re looking for a healthy week of lunches then this simple to prepare salad is perfect for your meal prep plans.
This week I’m cleaning up my diet so I can get back to feeling great and this salad is going to help. Over the weekend I consumed endless amounts of sugary, high-carb, and delicious-but-not-healthy foods. Though it was all worth the indulgence, I now want to enjoy a cleaner diet.
How to Prepare Asian Sesame Quinoa Salad
There are three main easy steps in preparing this salad. First, prepare the quinoa in boiling water. This process takes about 20 minutes start-to-finish. For an in-depth guide on preparing quinoa visit this link by clicking here.
Next is the simple step of preparing the vegetables with slicing, chopping, and removing the seeds from the vegetables. Place those along with the quinoa in a large bowl and toss.
Lastly, whisk the sesame dressing ingredients together and pour over the quinoa salad mixture. Toss to evenly distribute the dressing and if meal prepping then place in your prep containers and seal.
Do You Have to Use Quinoa?
Though this salad is called an Asian sesame quinoa salad, the quinoa is actually not necessary. Easily replace the quinoa with couscous, orzo, or even rice.
If Asian sesame dishes are on your mind then try these recipes:
Here are Even More Great Salad Recipes
- 1 cup Quinoa
- 2 cups Water
- 1 cup Red Cabbage sliced in thin strips
- 1 cup Edamame
- 1 Red Bell Pepper seeded and chopped
- 3 Carrots peeled and chopped
- 1 Cucumber peeled and diced
- 6 cups Lettuce Leaves
Asian Sesame Dressing
- 2 tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 2 teaspoons Sesame Oil
- 1 tablespoon Rice Vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- Place the quinoa and water in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Boil for 5 minutes and reduce cooking temperature to a low simmer, cover pan and cook for an additional 15 minutes or until water is absorbed.
- Add the cooked quinoa to a large bowl with the cabbage, edamame, red pepper, and carrots. Toss to combine all ingredients.
Asian Sesame Dressing
- In a small bowl, whisk the soy sauce, sesame oil, rice vinegar, and red pepper flakes together. Pour over the quinoa salad and toss to coat.