This dairy-free delightful frozen smoothie is the perfect start to a healthy morning. Despite its bright green color this Morning Green Smoothie for Beginners doesn’t even taste the least bit green, which is why it’s great for a beginner.
Morning Greens Smoothie
After a weekend spent in Vegas, there’s nothing like a good detox and often the best start to detox is by going green. What better day to go green than on St. Patrick’s Day right? Well, as I mentioned I spent the past weekend in Vegas, and between the buffet, we deemed “Thanksgiving Breakfast” and the dinners out it’s time to clean up a bit.
Many times after a gorge-fest weekend (or season, year, whatever) I find it’s not so easy to jump back into the uber-healthy eating until I came up with this smoothie. I promise you this smoothie doesn’t taste a bit green despite its bright color! If you need a quick blast of greens and you’re not sure where to begin then this should be your go-to smoothie.
Perhaps you need to change up your daily salad lunch or you need a great post-gym snack, then by all means blend one of these drinks up.
This is also a good base smoothie meaning you can add in all kinds of great ingredients to keep changing the flavor and to add in more nutritional benefits. Just a few suggestions are any kind of berry, cashews, kale, or even avocado. The combinations are honestly endless, but you have to start somewhere so start here. Leave me a note if you end up trying it or creating a new combination.
Ingredients in Morning Greens Smoothie
- Non-Dairy Milk (or Milk)
- Frozen Banana
- Baby Spinach
- Nut Butter
- Ground Flaxseed
- Ice Cubes (optional)
More Delicious Smoothies to Try:
- 1 cup Almond Milk or dairy-free milk alternative
- 1 medium Frozen Banana
- 2 cups Baby Spinach
- 1 tablespoon Almond Butter or other nut butter
- 1 tablespoon Wheat Germ
- 1 cup Ice Cubes
- Place all the smoothie ingredients into a strong blender and press the liquify or high blend option. Blend until the ingredients are smooth.
- If the smoothie consistency is too thick then add more almond milk 2 tablespoons at a time until the desired consistency is reached.
- Pour the mixture into a tall glass and add any additional toppings to the smoothie.