Coconut water, mixed berries, and coconut oil are just a few of the delicious and healthy ingredients blended together in this frozen Antioxidant Smoothie Recipe. Cell protecting antioxidants is healthy for a host of reasons, but mainly these strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries just taste good in this beverage.
Antioxidant Smoothie Recipe
Though I love coconuts and coconut flavor, I’ve never really been able to drink coconut water despite its health benefits. It wasn’t until I tried a berry smoothie that my husband had ordered from a local juice shop that I found a way to drink it.
The smoothie he ordered had a base of coconut water and even included coconut oil. With the mixed berries and agave added in it was one delicious and very healthy drink. I decided to create my own and love this smoothie so much I make it often. It’s also one my children request, which I’m happy to make.
Antioxidant Smoothie Ingredients
- Coconut Water
- Coconut Oil
Can You Make this Smoothie Ahead
Yes! There are several options for making this smoothie ahead of time as well as for storing it. Below are the various guides on how you can prepare it.
- Make-Ahead Refrigerator Option: this is the grab-and-go smoothie option. Go ahead and prepare this recipe as the recipe instructs. Then place it in a jar with a lid or an air-tight container and store it in the fridge until you’re ready to drink it. Just give it a good shake before serving it. The smoothie will last up to 5 days stored in the refrigerator and if you’d like it to be colder upon serving just put it back into the blender with a 1/2 cup of ice.
- Meal Prep Freezer Option: if you’d like to meal prep this smoothie then portion out the banana, strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, and coconut oil. Add the single portion to a small bowl and toss it with the agave. Place the ingredients into a freezer-safe zip-top bag until you’re ready to prepare the smoothie. When ready to prepare add the frozen ingredients to a blender with the coconut water and blend until smooth. The meal prep smoothie will last for up to 3 months in the freezer.
- Refrigerator Meal Prep Option: to do a full week of meal prep, multiply the recipe ingredients by however many servings you’d like. In a large bowl toss the banana (which you may need to slice in half), strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, agave, and coconut oil. Divide the mixture between cups or jars with lids and then add in the coconut water. To make pour the entire mixture into the blender and add 1/2 cup of ice. Blend until smooth. These will last for up to 1 week in the refrigerator.
- Measuring Cup
- Measuring Spoons
- 1 cup Coconut Water
- 1 medium Banana preferably frozen
- 1/2 cup Strawberries frozen or fresh
- 1/4 cup Raspberries frozen or fresh
- 1/4 cup Blueberries frozen or fresh
- 1 tablespoon Agave optional
- 1 tablespoon Coconut Oil
- 1 cup Ice Cubes ½
- Place all of the ingredients into a strong blender and blend on the liquify setting or a high setting until the mixture is smooth and slightly thick. If you smoothie is too thick you can add in some additional coconut milk 1/4 cup at a time until the desired consistency is reached.