Disclaimer: Okay, so I might be a tad bit obsessed with my Instant Pot…
It’s recipes like this Black Eyed Pea and Corn Chowder that are responsible though! Y’all, really, any recipe that requires I only open the cans, do a quick stir, and press start are the kind of recipes I dream about. This creamy, cheesy, slightly spicy (totally optional, I mention this for my sister-in-law), soup is dreamy, that you too are NOT gonna be able to resist.
I mean this soup is E to the Z! EASY! It’s also not required that you own an Instant Pot because your slow cooker will work just fine. I can even give you a stove top version cause I really want you to make this soup.
This sheer soup perfection is what I consider a “pantry recipe” meaning it’s one you can make easily with ingredients you keep stocked in the pantry. I get that you might not have cupboards busting at the seams with random cans of black-eyed-peas like my mom, but taste this soup and you might.
Creamed Corn is kind of one of those “wait, why do I have this, I don’t even remember buying it” kind of cans, but again, let’s start stocking those shelves. Here’s what your gonna need:
- Creamed Corn (canned)
- Black-Eyed Peas (canned)
- Rotel or Diced Tomatoes (yep, canned)
- Diced Green Chilies (still canned)
- Spices, get creative here
We do need a few standard fridge items as well, but I’m willing to bet you probably already have them:
- Heavy Cream or Milk (Almond and Coconut Milks will work too)
- Cheese (basically the standard of all standard fridge staples)
Do you see what I mean here by easy? This is life! Let’s make life easy, let’s make soup! In fact, let’s take it next level, cause that’s what I do, I take soup next level.
To all of you in cyberland out there who are trying to consume a few more veggies in life, (I mean aren’t we all?) but are finding the struggle to be so real, then try adding some riced cauliflower. You’re not even gonna know it’s there and you’re getting all the benefits! Hello, yes, that is winning at life.
Let’s win at life people!!
- 1 lb Chicken Breast
- 4 Garlic Cloves minced
- 1 cup Chicken Broth
- 2 cups Coconut Milk canned
- 3 14 ounce cans Creamed Corn
- 2 14 ounce cans Black Eyed Peas
- 14 ounces Rotel
- 4 ounces Diced Green Chilies
- 1 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 2 teaspoons Ground Cumin
- 2 cups Gouda Cheese shredded
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- Place all of the ingredients listed except the gouda cheese into your Instant Pot. Give the contents a quick stir, close, and set the valve to “sealing.”
- Press the MANUAL button and set the timer for 15 minutes. Allow the steam to release naturally for 10 minutes before removing the lid.
- Remove the lid and pull out your chicken pieces. Shred using 2 forks on a cutting board and return to the Instant Pot