Buffalo Chicken Pizza is happening in our summer and I’m going to strongly suggest you make it a happy memory in yours too. This is what friends do…
Friends also tell you all about how this flatbread crust has the perfect amount of crunch to this slight kick that is the buffalo chicken. I’m not talking slap your grandma spicy either, cause there’s the bubbly mozzarella cheese to balance it all out.
There was a time in my life where I was working in Manhattan clacking away in the fashion industry and living in Hoboken, NJ, the home of Frank Sinatra and some of the best pizza I’ve ever had. Sorry, no sorry, New York…
One pizza joint specifically, Impostos, was on my way home and a frequent cheap (also key) dinner stop before crashing after a long day and also sometimes a late night (or early the next morning depending on how you looked at it) stop after meeting with friends in the city.
The Hawaiian Pizza was my jam but after I met my husband, whom I had no idea lived around the corner from me until that one day at Starbucks, introduced me to the Buffalo Chicken Pizza. My old favorite reigns strong still but occasionally I’ll crave his favorite. Living in Charleston I don’t have easy access to Impostos so I decided to make my own, which is basically how every single recipe around here happens.
There’s really no sauce here cause we’re tossing the chicken with the hot sauce of your preference. While Buffalo Sauce is recommended, I’m gonna let you in on a little secret here, cause I used sriracha sauce. Mind blown, I know! I’m not mad about it either. There’s also tabasco sauce too. You do you here.
Now that we’ve cleared that big decision you’re just going to layer it all on this perfectly, already prepared, flatbread along with some mozzarella cheese and shaved parmesan. While my husband disagrees you also can’t forget the red onion.
Though my version is quite different than that of Impostos, it has its own unique flavor, and some of the best slices of pie do (I am after all biased towards my own as well as Impostos). There’s nothing fussy about this pizza. Shredded chicken tossed with hot sauce layered over mozzarella cheese and onion? Your summer memories are going to be set.Print
This easy to make Buffalo Chicken Pizza packs a slight punch of heat, but is loaded with flavor and cheesy goodness to make any pizza night a happy one.
- 1 Pizza Crust
- 1 – 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 6 ounces Fresh Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 Chicken Breast
- 1 cup Water (or Chicken Broth)
- 2 tablespoons Tabasco (Buffalo) Sauce + more for garnish
- 1/2 Red Onion, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon Cracked Black Pepper
- Garnish: Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. If using fresh Pizza Dough, roll out the dough on a floured surface in the shape of a disc and place on a baking tray, pizza tray, or pizza stone. I used a Stonefire flatbread for this recipe, which saves time. Brush the Olive Oil around the edges of the pie.
- Prepare the Chicken: place the chicken in an Instant Pot with 1 cup of Water or Chicken Broth and set it to Meat/Poultry for 15 minutes. Once finished cooking, allow depressurizing for 5 minutes. Remove from pot and shred using two forks. See notes for other chicken cooking options. Toss the chicken with the Tabasco Sauce to coat evenly.
- Tear the Mozzarella into pieces or slice and layer randomly on the pizza dough. Top with the prepared buffalo chicken, and sprinkle the red onion slices on top. Season with Black Pepper. Cook for 19 to 20 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the crust edges have browned.
- Garnish the pizza with additional Tabasco sauce and Grated Parmesan Cheese.
Slow Cooker Pulled Chicken: Place all Chicken ingredients (Chicken Breast, Olive Oil, BBQ Sauce) listed above in a slow cooker and cook on high for 3 to 4 hours. Shred chicken using 2 forks.
Stove Top Pulled Chicken: Heat medium skillet over medium-high heat and coat with Olive Oil. Place chicken breasts in skillet, cover, and cook 5 minutes. Turn chicken, replace the cover, and cook an additional 5 minutes. Once the chicken has reached an internal temp of 160 pour in the Tabasco Sauce and cook an additional 2 minutes. Shred chicken using two forks.
- Serving Size: 1 Slice
- Calories: 72
- Sugar: 0g
- Sodium: 208mg
- Fat: 3g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 3g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 7g
- Cholesterol: 6mg