Buffalo Chicken Pizza is happening in our summer and I’m going to strongly suggest you make it a happy memory in yours too. This is what friends do…
Friends also tell you all about how this flatbread crust has the perfect amount of crunch to this slight kick that is the buffalo chicken. I’m not talking slap your grandma spicy either, cause there’s the bubbly mozzarella cheese to balance it all out.
There was a time in my life where I was working in Manhattan clacking away in the fashion industry and living in Hoboken, NJ, the home of Frank Sinatra and some of the best pizza I’ve ever had. Sorry, no sorry, New York…
One pizza joint specifically, Impostos, was on my way home and a frequent cheap (also key) dinner stop before crashing after a long day and also sometimes a late night (or early the next morning depending on how you looked at it) stop after meeting with friends in the city.
The Hawaiian Pizza was my jam but after I met my husband, whom I had no idea lived around the corner from me until that one day at Starbucks, introduced me to the Buffalo Chicken Pizza.
My old favorite reigns strong still but occasionally I’ll crave his favorite. Living in Charleston I don’t have easy access to Impostos so I decided to make my own, which is basically how every single recipe around here happens.
There’s really no sauce here cause we’re tossing the chicken with the hot sauce of your preference. While Buffalo Sauce is recommended, I’m gonna let you in on a little secret here, cause I used sriracha sauce. Mind blown, I know! I’m not mad about it either. There’s also tabasco sauce too. You do you here.
Now that we’ve cleared that big decision you’re just going to layer it all on this perfectly, already prepared, flatbread along with some mozzarella cheese and shaved parmesan. While my husband disagrees you also can’t forget the red onion.
Though my version is quite different than that of Impostos, it has its own unique flavor, and some of the best slices of pie do (I am after all biased towards my own as well as Impostos). There’s nothing fussy about this pizza. Shredded chicken tossed with hot sauce layered over mozzarella cheese and onion? Your summer memories are going to be set.
Try These Delicious Pizza Recipes Next
- 1 Pizza Crust
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 6 ounces Mozzarella Cheese shredded
- 1 cup Rotissierie Chicken shredded
- 2 tablespoons Buffalo Sauce or Tabasco sauce
- 1/2 Red Onion sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- If using fresh pizza dough, roll out the dough on a floured surface in the shape of a disc and place it on a baking tray, pizza tray, or pizza stone. Brush the edges of the crust with olive oil.
- Toss the chicken with the buffalo sauce to coat evenly.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese on top of the pizza crust or dough and layer with the chicken and red onion. Season with black pepper.
- Cook for 19 to 20 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the crust edges have browned.