Last Updated on
This vegan Chocolate Chia Smoothie is a healthy decadent cold treat when you need a boost without the sugar crash. Craving chocolate? Enjoy this smoothie that is filled with antioxidants and high-quality protein such as chia seeds.
Well, here it is the night before this post is set to go live and I don’t have very much to say… There’s a thunderstorm outside and I’m sitting here with a glass of wine, which to be honestly is the perfect end to my week. It’s been one of those weeks that ends and I’m left thinking “hmm, what happened this week?”, which usually means I need a reset. I always turn towards “cleaning” when I need a reset, which is to say cleaning my house and cleaning up my eating.
Tomorrow as I ease back into a healthy frame of mind I’ll do so by preparing this Chocolate Chia Smoothie. Not only is it filling and packed with healthy goodness, but it’s decadent as well. I mean it has chocolate! I never feel guilty when I make this smoothie because I know it’s low in calories and will fill me up with good choices. If you’re looking to hit the reset button, but need to ease back into a better mindset then I hope you’ll prepare this smoothie for one of your meals. You won’t regret your decision!
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
- 1 cup Almond Milk or other non-dairy milk
- 1 medium Banana frozen
- 2 tablespoons Chia Seeds
- 2 tablespoons Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 tablespoons Cashews or cashew butter
- 1 tablespoon Unsweetened Coconut Flakes optional, or use coconut oil
- 1 cup Ice Cubes
- Place all the ingredients into a high-powered blender and blend until a thick and smooth consistency is reached.
- If the smoothie is too thick add more almond milk 2 tablespoons at a time until the desired consistency is reached. To thicken the smoothie add more ice 1/4 cup at a time until the consistency you prefer is reached.