This sweet and tangy Cranberry Couscous Salad sits on a bed of arugula with healthy toppings such as pumpkin seeds and goji berries. Drizzled on top is a homemade balsamic vinaigrette, which makes this one irresistible salad.
Cranberry Couscous Salad
I stumbled upon this recipe a couple of years ago and to say it was love at first bite would be an understatement. It would be impossible to even tally the number of times I’ve consumed this salad in the years since the discovery, but you get my point. The simplicity of the ingredients alone got me right away and I’ve honestly never gotten sick of this dish, which is a good thing because it’s really healthy.
I ate this salad almost daily the year after my daughter was born and I can safely attribute it to part of the reason I was able to lose so much weight and get in such great shape.
Ingredients in Cranberry Couscous Salad
These ingredients create a crunchy and tangy taste that isn’t heavy. It’s the perfect lunch salad and works well for meal prep.
- Olive Oil
- Goat Cheese
- Dried Cranberries
- Pumpkin Seeds
- Goji Berries
- Homemade Balsamic Vinaigrette
More Delicious Salads to Try
- 1/2 cup Dry Couscous
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1 teaspoon Olive Oil
- 4 cups Arugula
- 2 ounces Goat Cheese crumbled
- 2 tablespoons Dried Cranberries
- 2 tablespoons Pumpkin Seeds
- 2 tablespoons Goji Berries
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon Mustard
- 2 teaspoons Honey
- pinch Salt
- pinch Freshly Cracked Pepper
- In a small saucepan over medium heat bring the 1/2 cup of water and olive oil to a boil and add the couscous.
- Quickly stir the mixture, remove from heat, and cover with a lid for about 3 to 5 minutes until the couscous has absorbed the water. Fluff with a fork and then let cool.
- In a small bowl whisk the vinaigrette ingredients together until combined. Adjust seasoning by adding more salt and pepper if desired. Set aside.
- Divide the arugula between two salad plates and top with the cooled couscous.
- Layer the crumbled goat cheese, dried cranberries, pumpkin seeds, and goji berries on top.
- Drizzle the balsamic vinaigrette over the top of each salad plate.