Vegetable Lo Mein is an easy no fuss, no mess, recipe perfect for busy times when you want take-out, but crave a healthier option.
- 3 tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Sesame Oil
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 6 ounces uncooked Ramen (Mein) Noodles
- 2 tablespoons Sesame Oil
- 6 Green Onions, chopped (white and green parts separated)
- 1/2 cup Shredded Carrots
- 4 ounces Shitake Mushrooms, stems removed and chopped
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 cups Frozen (or fresh) Broccoli Florets
- 2 tablespoons Mirin
- garnish with Sesame Seeds
- Sauce: In a small bowl whisk the Soy Sauce, Sesame Oil, and Sugar together until well combined, set aside.
- Noodles: Prepare the Noodles according to the package directions, drain, and set aside.
- Heat the Sesame Oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the Onions (white parts only), Carrots, Mushrooms, Bell Pepper, and Broccoli, tossing to coat with oil. Cook for 7 minutes or until the vegetables become tender. Add the Mirin, and toss to coat again, then add the noodles and Sauce. Continue to stir and toss the noodles until the mixture has spread evenly.
- Garnish top with Onions (green parts) and Sesame Seeds.