And the award for BEST “non-fancy, but looks fancy” dinner recipe goes to this Gluten-Free Breaded Coconut Chicken. Quick, easy, it’s what your dinner dreams are made of besides maybe just eating cake. Award-winning kind of chicken right here…
I’m just gonna go out on a limb and say you could even make this for a dinner party, gasp! Yes, it’s chicken but not only does it taste fancy, it looks fancy and fancy chicken (that remember, is not-really-fancy-at-all) is dinner party perfect. You’re guests will be in awe!
You’re prep is basically 3 shallow bowls laid out with various mixtures of the very few ingredients listed below, in which you’ll dip the chicken in and then bake. Kinda easy (aka not fancy!).
This is one of those meals you make when you want something healthy, maybe you’re doing gluten-free, but don’t have the energy to do something extravagant or that requires more than 30 minutes of time.
For all you Momma’s out there, let me just point out that this chicken kind of look like chicken nuggets and could even be made in a nugget form, BUT are SO much healthier than other nugget versions. In other words, you’re not going to have to fight/threaten your kids to eat this chicken. Enough said, right?
But, can we circle back to that “tastes fancy” statement from above because this is coconut chicken! As in it’s a breaded chicken with coconut flakes mixed in, which give it an amazing kinda fancy-like flavor. All of this to say that I highly recommend dipping it into some kind of yogurt and honey mustard sauce mixture or maybe just go totally nuts and make this honey-garlic sauce.
Now, going back to all the Momma’s and my “I-just-worked-a-full-day-and-am-exhausted” friends out there, because this could be your new go-to recipe and here’s why:
- After making this meal 3 times last week (yup, a bit obsessed), I had the recipe memorized and could make it from memory by round 3.
- All of the ingredients are “pantry” ingredients, including the bread, which can be stored in your freezer, so you can easily have them on hand ALL the time. Well, maybe not the eggs, but those are pretty standard.
- It works perfectly for impromptu dinner parties. I had a friend and her little ones over for a playdate, which ran close to dinner so I threw this together and everyone was happy!
Now, dip your hands in flour and toss it into the air! You are the LeBron James of cooking!!
More Baked Chicken Recipes
- Baked Chicken Nuggets
- Honey Lime Baked Chicken Fingers
- Chili Lime Baked Chicken Wings
- Baked Balsamic Chicken
- Baked Chicken Drumsticks
- 1 lb Chicken Breast
- 1/2 cup Coconut Flour
- 2 large Eggs
- 2 teaspoons Dijon Mustard
- 4 slices Gluten-Free Bread
- 2 tablespoons Unsweetened Coconut Flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 415 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Set out 3 shallow bowls and place the coconut flour in one, the eggs and dijon mustard, beaten together, in the second, and reserve the third for the breadcrumbs.
- Pulse the bread slices in a food processor until you’ve got small-sized crumbs and place them in the remaining bowl and stir with the coconut flakes.
- Season both sides of the chicken breasts with salt and pepper and then cover with the coconut flour first.
- Next, dip into the egg mixture and cover completely. Lastly, dredge the chicken in the breadcrumb mixture making sure to press the crumbs slightly to the chicken.
- Place the chicken on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 165ºF.