Enjoy eating a healthy and easy meal at home by making this Gluten Free Thai Peanut Chicken Noodle Bowl and you’ll not only impress yourself but your guests too.
Well, I started to write this post yesterday as I was waaaaay behind due to having family in town and furiously trying to catch up, however, I was also doing a Juice Cleanse to help get my body back on track after all our dining out over the past two weeks. Now if there are two things in life that don’t go together it’s doing a juice cleanse and running a food website. Add kids to that mix and I was like a one woman circus of moodiness from mean to hangry all day. While this would have made for possibly some great content it’s not the type of content I wish to promote just yet so ???? I decided to shut down and go straight to bed. Everyone wins… I think.
As I mentioned above, this past week my Mother-in-law was in town visiting, which for her was a vacation as with most guests who visit. Luckily, we live in a great vacation spot (Charleston) and so it’s easy to sight-see, visit the beach, and one of my personal favs dine out. We dine out a lot when we have company, but I always try to make a few dishes to eat at home and I always want those dishes to be exciting and similar to what you do get if you did actually go to a restaurant.
This Gluten Free Thai Peanut Chicken Noodle Bowl is a great recipe if your goal is restaurant quality without the requisite of a classically trained chef. There are really only 3 steps to the prep, really!
1. Whip up all the ingredients for the sauce.
2. Boil the Noodles.
3. Cook the Broccoli and Chicken.
Then you just arrange your bowl with any toppings you desire (I’ve listed some good ones in the recipe below) and that’s it! You’re done!
This meal made for potentially one healthy meal over the course of the two weeks we had family in town, hence the juice cleanse, but with all the peanut-goodness that is this sauce and the noodles, it really didn’t feel that way at all. It is, however, a healthy dish! Promise! Plus it’s gluten-free.
Next time you want to wow some dinner guests or, let’s be honest, wow yourself then you should make this dish. You know what just go make it for dinner tonight. We’ll discuss tomorrow…Print
If you make this Gluten Free Thai Peanut Chicken Noodle Bowl you’ll be sure to impress yourself and guests, plus you can enjoy eating an easy healthy meal.
- 8 ounces Brown Rice Noodles (one full box of noodles)
- 1 cup Canned Coconut Milk
- 3/4 cup Peanut Butter
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 3 tablespoons Honey
- 3 tablespoons Gluten Free Soy Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Lime Juice
- 2 tablespoons Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 1/2 pounds Chicken Breast
- Salt & Pepper
- 2 cups Broccoli (cooked)
- Fresh Cilantro
- 1/3 cup Peanuts (crushed)
- 1 tablespoon Sesame Seeds
- 2 stalks Green Onions (white parts removed, chopped)
- Bring 4 quarts of water to a boil in a large pot and add the entire box of Brown Rice Noodles. Boil the noodles for 4 minutes, or until tender, and drain. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the Coconut Milk, making sure to scrape the thickened cream and some of the liquid out, Peanut Butter, Garlic Cloves, Honey, Soy Sauce, Lime Juice, Vinegar, and Red Pepper Flakes. Set aside for just a bit.
- Heat the Olive Oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the Broccoli.
- If the chicken breasts are on the large side then slice them in half. Sprinkle both sides of the Chicken with Salt and Pepper and then drizzle, enough to fully coat, with some of the peanut sauce. Place the chicken in the skillet with the broccoli and cook on each side for about 7 minutes a piece, or until cooked through. Remove from heat and shred the chicken using two forks.
- While the chicken and broccoli are cooking place the drained noodles back into the pot and toss with the peanut sauce. Then place the noodles in each bowl. Top with the chicken and broccoli mixture and sprinkle the Cilantro, Peanuts, and Sesame Seeds on top.