Eat healthy at home with this take-out-style Thai Peanut Chicken Bowl. Thai flavored chicken tossed with noodles in a delicious creamy coconut peanut sauce.
Thai Peanut Chicken
Well, I started to write this post yesterday as I was waaaaay behind due to having family in town and furiously trying to catch up, however, I was also doing a Juice Cleanse to help get my body back on track after all our dining out over the past two weeks. Now if there are two things in life that don’t go together it’s doing a juice cleanse and running a food website. Add kids to that mix and I was like a one-woman circus of moodiness from mean to hangry all day. While this would have made for possibly some great content it’s not the type of content I wish to promote just yet so ???? I decided to shut down and go straight to bed. Everyone wins… I think.
As I mentioned above, this past week my Mother-in-law was in town visiting, which for her was a vacation as with most guests who visit. Luckily, we live in a great vacation spot (Charleston) and so it’s easy to sight-see, visit the beach, and one of my personal favs dine out. We dine out a lot when we have company, but I always try to make a few dishes to eat at home and I always want those dishes to be exciting and similar to what you do get if you did actually go to a restaurant.
This Gluten-Free Thai Peanut Chicken Noodle Bowl is a great recipe if your goal is restaurant quality without the requirement of a classically trained chef. There are really only 3 steps to the prep, really!
1. Whip up all the ingredients for the sauce.
2. Boil the Noodles.
3. Cook the Chicken.
Then you just arrange your bowl with any toppings you desire (I’ve listed some good ones in the recipe below) and that’s it! You’re done!
This meal made for potentially one healthy meal over the course of the two weeks we had family in town, hence the juice cleanse, but with all the peanut-goodness that is this sauce and the noodles, it really didn’t feel that way at all. It is, however, a healthy dish! Promise!
- 8 ounces Brown Rice Noodles
- 1 cup canned Coconut Milk
- 3/4 cup Peanut Butter
- 4 Garlic Cloves minced
- 3 tablespoons Honey
- 3 tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Lime Juice
- 2 tablespoons Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Peanut Oil or other cooking oil
- 1½ lbs Chicken Breast
- 1/3 cup Crushed Peanuts
- 1 teaspoon Sesame Seeds
- Bring 4 quarts of water to a boil in a large pot and add the entire box of brown rice noodles. Boil the noodles for 4 minutes, or until tender, and drain. Set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together the coconut milk, making sure to scrape the thickened cream and some of the liquid out, peanut butter, garlic cloves, honey, soy sauce, lime juice, vinegar, and red pepper flakes. Set aside.
- Place the olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Cut the chicken into 1-inch-sized cubes and toss with 2 tablespoons of the peanut sauce. Place the chicken into the skillet and cook for about 7 to 10 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
- Put the noodles into the bowl with the peanut sauce and toss to coat. Divide between 4 bowls. Top each bowl with the cooked chicken, crushed peanuts, and sesame seeds.