Rich, creamy, and deliciously healthy. This Goat Cheese and Herb Quiche with Sweet Potato Crust is a gluten-free baked breakfast full of dill, thyme, and chive flavors.
Goat Cheese and Herb Quiche with Sweet Potato Crust
Breakfast is a favorite meal of mine and I’ve never been one to skip it with enjoyment. However, with harried school mornings and packed weekend schedules, it’s not as easy to eat something healthy.
Making crustless, or in this case a sweet potato crust, quiche has been one simple solution to getting in that morning meal and preparing myself for the day.
This creamy quiche is prepared with crumbled goat cheese whipped into sour cream. The eggs are then beaten into the mixture with the herbs for a healthy but deliciously creamy quiche. Easily add more flavor by topping the eggs with additional fresh herbs.
How to Make a Sweet Potato Crust
There are two options for shredded sweet potatoes when making the crust for this recipe. One is to purchase spiralized sweet potatoes and cut them into smaller matchstick-sized pieces.
The other option is to use a peeler like this Joseph Joseph Y-Peeler to shred the potatoes. Once the potatoes are ready, toss them with one beaten egg and firmly press into the bottom and sides of a greased springform pan or pie dish.
Make sure there isn’t too much space between the pieces and if the potatoes don’t cover the entire side of the pan or dish that’s okay. Bake at 375℉ for 15 to 20 minutes.
- PRO TIP: Allow the goat cheese to reach room temperature before crumbling it to mix with the sour cream. Then use a whisk to beat the two ingredients together until smooth.
- PRO TIP: Use a springform pan to make this recipe or a pie dish. If using a springform pan heavily brush the edges and bottom of the pan with oil.
- PRO TIP: Use fresh herbs (organic if possible) when making this dish for ultimate flavor.
More Healthy Breakfast Recipes
- Baked Vegetable Frittata
- Bacon, Avocado, and Zucchini Frittata
- Apple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal
- Instant Oatmeal Packets
- Baked Eggs with Ricotta and Thyme
- 2 tablespoons Coconut Oil melted
- 2 tablespoons Butter Softened
- 1 large Sweet Potato shredded or spiralized
- 12 large Eggs
- 3/4 cup Sour Cream
- 4 ounces Goat Cheese crumbled
- 1 tablespoons Fresh Dill
- 2 teaspoons Thyme
- 1 teaspoons Oregano
- Preheat the oven to 375℉ and coat a springform pan or a 9-inch pie dish with the melted coconut oil.
- Peel and shred the sweet potatoes (see instructions for the exact peeler I used) and place them in a medium bowl. Beat 1 egg in a small bowl and pour over the sweet potatoes. Toss to coat and firmly press the sweet potatoes into the prepared dish. Make sure to cover the bottom of the dish and sides. Bake for 20 minutes to soften the potatoes.
- In a large bowl whisk the sour cream and goat cheese until it becomes smooth and creamy. Beat in the remaining eggs along with the dill, thyme, and oregano. Pour the mixture into the sweet potato crust and top with additional herbs if desired.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until the center of the quiche has set and is firm.