The pumpkin spice flavor and Rolo’s chocolates for a stem are the stars of these Halloween Rice Krispie Treats. Made with real pumpkin, these Halloween treats make a thick and slightly gooey bar perfect for your next holiday gathering.
Halloween Rice Krispie Treats
Even though treats are in abundance at Halloween I enjoy preparing unique fun special desserts or surprises for my family this time of year. These thick and gooey rice Krispie treats, made with real pumpkin, have a distinct fall taste.
Tips for Making Perfect Rice Krispie Treats
- Make sure to use fresh cereal! Cereal that has gone stale will make very hard rice Krispie treats.
- Use your hands to press the treats into the pan and coat your fingers in cooking spray or oil to keep the mixture from sticking to your hands.
- Make sure the melted marshmallow mixture sits for 25 minutes to allow it to reach room temperature. Otherwise, the bars will be fall-apart-gooey.
- The marshmallow to cereal ratio is key. For an 8×8 baking dish, you want to use 1 10-ounce bag of marshmallows and 6 cups of rice cereal.
PRO TIP: When slicing the rice Krispie treats coat your knife in oil or spray with cooking spray.
Other Treats to Add to Your Halloween Rice Krispie Treats
- Candy Corn
- Additional Marshmallows
- Reese’s Pieces
- Chocolate Chips
- White Chocolate Chips
- Butterscotch Chips
- Coconut Flakes
Try These Halloween and Pumpkin Recipes Next
- 3 tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 1/4 cup Pumpkin Puree
- 10 ounces Mini Marshmallows
- 1/4 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon Salt
- 7 cups Crispy Rice Cereal
- 16 pieces Rolo's Candy
- 2 tablespoons Green Cookie Icing
- Line an 8×8 baking dish or pan with aluminum foil and coat with butter or cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large pot or Dutch oven melt the butter over medium-low heat. Add the pumpkin and stir to combine. Add the marshmallows to the mixture and stir continuously until the marshmallows are almost completely melted. Stir in the vanilla, cinnamon, and salt and remove from heat. Set aside and let come to room temperature for 25 minutes.
- After 25 minutes stir in the crispy rice cereal.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish and press firmly, using your hands, into an even layer. Gently press the Rolo's candy into the mixture in 16 spots. Let sit for 30 minutes before removing from the pan and slicing. Spray a large knife with cooking oil and slice into 16 squares.
- Use the icing to pipe small vines on each treat.