This recipe for Country Chicken Skillet is a healthy take on a hearty meal. It’s packed with vegetables and covers the meat and potatoes country basis.
- 1 medium Potato, peeled and diced
- 8 Boneless Chicken Thighs
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil (or Coconut Oil)
- 4 ounces Sliced Mushrooms
- 1/2 medium Green Bell Pepper, diced
- 1/2 medium Onion, diced
- 1 cup Frozen Peas and Carrots
- 1/2 cup canned Coconut Milk
- 3/4 cup Bone Broth or Chicken Broth
- 1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 teaspoon Corn Starch or Arrowroot Powder
- 1 teaspoon Dried Thyme
- Salt and Pepper for seasoning
- Place peeled Potatoes into a pot and cover with water. Bring water to a boil and cook for 20 minutes.
- Heat Olive Oil (or coconut oil) in a large skillet over medium-high heat for 3 minutes. Season both sides of the Chicken with salt and pepper and place in the skillet. Cook each side of the chicken for 4 minutes or until browned. Remove chicken and set aside.
- Add the Mushrooms, Bell Pepper, Onion, Peas, and Carrots to the same skillet and toss. Drain the potatoes and add to the skillet as well. Cook for 5 minutes or until the vegetables begin to soften, stirring occasionally.
- In a medium bowl mix the Coconut Milk, Broth, Dijon Mustard, Corn Starch, and Thyme until blended and pour into the skillet. Add the cooked chicken back to the skillet and lower the temp to medium. Cover and cook for about 10 additional minutes or until the vegetables have cooked completely and the chicken temperature reaches 160 degrees.