Honey Mustard Skillet Chicken is basically the lazy version of baked chicken fingers dipped in honey mustard sauce. AKA the best kind of meal… Who doesn’t love honey mustard and chicken fingers?
Most nights our dinners are pretty basic, boring even, chicken of some type and usually thrown together, says the food blogger who mostly blogs about dinner recipes. Who better to bring you an easy throw-together type chicken dinner then? Right! Maybe…
By throw together I mean whisk that sauce up, sear your chicken and then drowned it in the sauce and bake. Hello to all my lazy cooks out there, because this recipe is for you (and the rockstar home chefs too, we bow down to you and maybe hope you’ll prepare this dish for us, because obviously, you rock!).
Lazy dinners are our jam! We’ve reached that point in the year where it’s not quite turned into spring but we’re moving away from winter and so the weather, much like myself, is confused (the struggle).
Is today going to be warm with birds chirping and a fine dust of pollen wafting through the air or is it going to be overcast dreary and chilly (or downright snowy if you live in the North, sorry family)? I don’t know? Mother Nature doesn’t know!
What I do know, is that dinner needs to be easy cause my confused mind can’t handle any more chaos and I’d like it to be healthy cause bikini season (oh, and tasty, I never ask for too much). THIS IS THAT RECIPE!
- Sauce, chicken, bake – that’s easy!
- Healthy, non-processed ingredients, and low cal (if you leave out the couscous).
- Tasty, reminder this is basically chicken fingers and honey mustard.
Pretty much, that’s where we stand with this recipe. Mother Nature can continue to change her mind until we’ve reached the spring threshold, but one decision that’s firm is my choice to make this recipe repeatedly.
- Honey Mustard Sauce
- 1/3 cup Whole Grain Dijon Mustard
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 4 to 6 Garlic Cloves peeled and minced
- 2 tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 1/4 teaspoon Paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/8 teaspoon Black Peper
- Honey Mustard Skillet Chicken
- 4 Boneless Skinless, Chicken Breast, thin cut
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- Salt and Pepper seasoning
- 1 batch Honey Mustard Sauce see above
- Couscous Optional
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 3 Garlic Cloves peeled and minced
- 1 cup Water
- 1/8 teaspoon Salt
- Pinch of Black Pepper
- 1 cup Dried Couscous
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Sauce: prepare the honey mustard sauce by whisking ALL the ingredients for the sauce together in a small bowl and set aside.
- Chicken: Melt Butter over medium-high in an iron (or oven safe) skillet and season the Chicken with Salt and Pepper on both sides. Place the chicken in the skillet and sear on each side for 3 minutes. Remove the chicken from the skillet and place on a plate (but only briefly). Pour the honey mustard sauce into the skillet and allow to bubble for 1 minute. Return the chicken to the skillet and spoon sauce over the chicken breasts.
- Place the skillet in the oven and cook for 15 to 18 minutes or until the internal temp reaches 165 degrees.
- Couscous: heat the olive oil over medium-high heat and add the minced garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add Water, Salt, and Pepper and bring to a boil. Add the Couscous and stir occasionally until all water is soaked up and the grains become fluffy. Serve with chicken.
Easy chicken skillet recipes are perfect for weeknight meals. Try this Pan Seared Chicken with Sun-Dried Tomatoes or this Easy Skillet Chicken Teriyaki too.