Hello, EASY and HEALTHY weeknight Instant Pot Shrimp and Lentil Stew your whole family (toddlers included) will love. Done in less than 15 minutes!!
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 Onion, chopped small
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Thyme
- 2 teaspoons Oregano
- 2 teaspoons Old Bay Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon Cayenne
- 1 cup Lentils
- 1 lb Shrimp, deveined and peeled
- 3 cups Chicken Broth (or vegetable)
- 1 15 oz can Diced Tomatoes, drain slightly
- 1/2 cup Tomato Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 cup Frozen Riced Broccoli
- Set your Instant Pot to the “saute” setting and add the Olive Oil, Garlic, Onion, and Bell Pepper and saute for 5 minutes, or until ingredients are softened. Add the Thyme, Oregano, Old Bay, and Cayenne and toss to mix. Continue to saute for an additional 1 minute.
- Place the Lentils, Shrimp, Chicken Broth, Diced Tomatoes, Tomato Sauce, Worcestershire Sauce and Riced Broccoli into the Instant Pot. Using the “manual” setting set the temperature to “high” and cook for 12 minutes. Release the steam and season with Salt and Pepper.
Don’t add the salt and pepper to the stew until AFTER it’s done with cooking because the lentils will fall apart otherwise.
Vegetarian Option: remove the shrimp, and swap out the chicken broth for vegetarian broth.
Stove Top Directions: Heat Olive Oil in a Dutch Oven or large pot over medium-high heat. Add the Garlic, Onion, and Bell Pepper. Saute until soft and tender, about 5 minutes. Mix in the Thyme, Oregano, Old Bay and Cayenne, toss to coat. Pour in the Chicken Broth and Lentils. Bring to a boil, cover, and then reduce heat to a simmer. Continue to simmer for 25 minutes or until lentils have cooked through. Add the Shrimp, Diced Tomatoes, Tomato Sauce, Worcestershire Sauce, and Riced Broccoli and increase the heat to medium. Cook for an additional 10 minutes. Season with Salt and Pepper.
- Serving Size: Serves 6
- Calories: 198
- Sugar: 5 g
- Sodium: 573 mg
- Fat: 3 g
- Carbohydrates: 17 g
- Protein: 31 g
- Cholesterol: 145 mg