Last Updated on
This Farro Salad with Poached Egg is tossed with a flavorful mustard vinaigrette and mixed with feta cheese, red onions, and kale for one healthy and delicious meal.
Farro Salad with Poached Egg
- 1 cup Farro
- 4 cups Kale Leaves torn
- 1 large Red Onion diced
- 4 large Eggs
- 2 tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Zest freshly grated
- 3 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 cup Feta Cheese crumbled
- Cover the farro with several inches of water in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat to a simmer, and cook, uncovered for about 30 to 35 minutes when grains are tender. Drain and let cool completely.
- Transfer farro to a large mixing bowl and add in the kale, onion, and lemon zest. Meanwhile, poach the egg.
- In a separate small mixing bowl whisk olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper, and dijon mustard together. Pour dressing over farro mixture and toss to coat. Add in feta and toss once again.
- Top each salad with a poached egg.