Cheesy and savory with a slight crunch are the delicious flavors of this Parmesan Bread Loaf. With both parmesan and feta cheese and kale baked inside this bread, you get a cheesy soft bread with an outer crunch coated in hemp and pumpkin seeds.
Savory Quick Bread
When I think of quick bread recipes I’m usually drawn to the classics like banana bread and zucchini bread but the sweet treats shouldn’t have all the fun. Quick bread like this parmesan bread loaf, which is savory and equally delicious is just as full of flavor.
This savory quick bread is filled with both parmesan and feta cheese mixed together with kale. The bold flavor combination makes perfect table bread topped with hemp and pumpkin seeds.
I absolutely love quick bread and they’re one of my favorite treats to prepare since they’re often sweet and cake-like, however, this savory version is equally delicious. A slice of this loaf would pair nicely with your breakfast of eggs or go well with dinner.
Tips for Keeping this Bread Moist
Even though this is a savory bread you still want it to have that soft moist texture that’s not too dry. Don’t open the oven during the baking process because it will cause the oven temperature to drop.
Leave the oven light on (if you have one) and cook it for the full 55 minutes. Then check it. If a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean then take it out, otherwise, add 10 more minutes.
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Baking Powder
- Crumbled Feta
- Parmesan Cheese
- Olive Oil
- Plain Yogurt
This is one of those savory recipes I prefer to enjoy as is because it’s not the most healthy. Everything in moderation! If you’d like to try a gluten-free version of this bread then you could use a measure-for-measure gluten-free flour and it will work just as well.
I’ve not tried to make a dairy-free version of this recipe, but I do know there are alternative dairy-free cheese options available that might work well.
How to Make Parmesan Bread
- Mix the dry ingredients. In a large mixing bowl combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. Then fold in the kale, parmesan, and feta.
- Combine the wet ingredients. In a separated small bowl beat the eggs, and then mix in the olive oil, yogurt, and milk. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and combine.
- Arrange the batter. Pour the batter into a greased loaf pan and sprinkle the pumpkin seeds and hemp seeds on top.
- Bake. Set the oven to 350ºF and bake for 55 minutes to 65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Tools You’ll Need for Making this Bread
- An 8×4 Loaf Pan makes a perfect size bread loaf.
- A set of mixing bowls to mix the dry ingredients and the wet.
- Wooden spoons make combining the ingredients easy.
- A wire rack for cooling the bread.
- Freezing Instructions. In order to freeze the bread wrap it in plastic wrap and cover it in foil. To use thaw completely and left bread come to room temperature. Allow the bread to sit for about 30 minutes after thawing. Serve warm or toasted with butter.
- To Store. I prefer to not slice my entire loaf after it’s done baking. This ensures it’s super fresh when you slice into it. Place the entire loaf in an air-tight container for storage.
Other Parmesan Recipes to Try
- 2½ cups Flour
- 1½ tablespoons Baking Powder
- 2 cups Kale chopped
- 1/2 cup Crumbled Feta Cheese
- 1/2 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 2 large Eggs
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- 3/4 cup Plain Yogurt
- 3/4 cup Milk non-dairy versions will work
- 1/4 cup Pumpkin Seeds
- 2 tablespoons Hemp Seeds
- Preheat the oven to 350℉ and grease an 8×4 loaf pan with oil (I prefer to use coconut oil) and coat the sides with flour.
- In a large bowl mix the flour, baking powder, and salt until fully combined. Stir in the kale, parmesan, and feta. In a separate medium-sized bowl beat the eggs and add in the olive oil, yogurt, and milk. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix well.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and sprinkle with pumpkin seeds and hemp seeds on top. Bake for 55 to 65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool for 10 minutes before removing it from the pan. Move to a wire rack to cool completely.