Cheesy and savory with a slight crunch are delicious tastes of this Parmesan Bread Loaf. Hemp and Pumpkin seeds sprinkle the top of this soft bread with both parmesan and feta mixed in with kale.
For more bread recipes try this Southern Cornbread.
Parmesan Bread Loaf
This savory quick bread is filled with both parmesan and feta cheese mixed together with kale. The bold flavor combination makes a perfect table bread topped with hemp and pumpkin seeds.
I absolutely love quick bread and they’re one of my favorite treats to prepare since they’re often sweet and cake-like, however, this savory version is equally delicious. A slice of this loaf would pair nicely with your breakfast of eggs or go well with dinner.
How to Make Parmesan Bread Loaf
As with most quick bread recipes, you mix the dry ingredients in one bowl and the wet in another. Then slowly pour the wet into the dry and mix until just combined. Overmixing can cause dry or tough bread so make sure to just mix enough to smooth out any lumps. Then pour the batter into the prepared pan and sprinkle with the pumpkin and hemp seed topping. During the cooking process check the bread with about 10 minutes left to bake to ensure it needs a little more time. This way you won’t overcook the bread and dry it out.
Can You Freeze Parmesan Bread
Yes. In order to freeze the bread wrap it in plastic wrap and cover in foil. To use thaw completely and left bread come to room temperature. Allow the bread to sit for about 30 minutes after thawing. Serve warm or toasted with butter.
Other Parmesan Recipes to Try
- 2½ cups Flour
- 1½ tablespoons Baking Powder
- 2 cups Kale chopped
- 1/2 cup Crumbled Feta Cheese
- 1/2 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 2 large Eggs
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- 3/4 cup Plain Yogurt
- 3/4 cup Milk non-dairy versions will work
- 1/4 cup Pumpkin Seeds
- 2 tablespoons Hemp Seeds
- Preheat the oven to 350℉ and grease an 8×4 loaf pan with oil (I prefer to use coconut oil) and coat the sides with flour.
- In a large bowl mix the flour, baking powder, and salt until fully combined. Stir in the kale, parmesan, and feta. In a separate medium-sized bowl beat the eggs and add in the olive oil, yogurt, and milk. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix well.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and sprinkle with pumpkin seeds and hemp seeds on top. Bake for 45 to 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool for 10 minutes before removing from the pan. Move to a wire rack to cool completely.