Korean BBQ is having a moment in my house and by moment, I mean I’m making up large batches of this dreamy sauce and putting it on everything! EVERYTHING!
Steak salad? Yep, put some sauce on and you’ve got next level steak salad. Oh, you want some pulled chicken for dinner? Sure put it in your slow cooker and top with this bbq sauce. You’re welcome!
Maybe you want a little tofu and ramen? Pour some sauce on it! Perhaps, you’re just sautéing up some healthy veggies, toss with sauce.
Making dinner dreams come true here! It’s what I do…
Originally, I’d found a similar beautiful salad (cause salads can be so pretty right?) on Pinterest one night after falling down the Pinterest rabbit hole, when I should have been snoozing. Guilty, it happens!
I thought to myself, “hmm, self this might be good as a Korean BBQ steak salad.” Turns out I was right and then the bbq mania fest began. It’s a real thing.
See the secret is always in the sauce and this not-so-secret, secret is that it’s easy! Like 5 ingredient in a food processor easy. It looks like this:
- soy sauce
- sesame oil
- brown sugar
Toss it in the processor and blend it all up. Low-maintenance, low fuss, it’s what we like for dinner. And because we’re talking steak salad here all you gotta do is sear up the steak and toss your salad ingredients. Dressing? No dressing? It’s up to you. You do you. I’ve included a pepper dressing cause it does add just a tad more flavor but so not necessary.
Don’t just consider this for dinner though. Meal prep away with this salad. Take it from someone who’s gone Korean BBQ crazy. It’s perfect for lunch! You deserve this kind of lunch.
Just promise me you’ll double batch the sauce cause it’s so good you’re gonna want seconds in the form of putting it on everything food has to offer. Extreme? Yes.
- 2 inches Fresh Ginger
- 4 Garlic Cloves peeled
- 1/4 cup Soy Sauce
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Sesame Oil
- 1 lb Skirt Steak
- 2 tablespoons Coconut Oil
- 4 cups Watercress or spinach
- 2 cups Bean Sprouts
- 2 cups Edamame Beans
- 4 teaspoons Sesame Seeds
- 2 Limes juiced
- 2 Coconut Aminos
- 2 tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 1 Garlic Clove minced
- 1/2 Orange juiced
- 1 Red Chili diced
- Place the ginger, garlic, soy sauce, brown sugar, and sesame oil into a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Place the steak in a dish and pour the marinade over it and cover with plastic wrap. Put it in the fridge to marinate for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- Layer the watercress (or greens of your choices) with the bean sprouts, and edamame.
- Heat the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the steak to cook for about 4 to 6 minutes. Flip and sear the other side for an additional 4 to 6 minutes or until the steak reaches 140ºF.
- Slice the steak into small strips and place it on top of the salad.
- Whisk the lime juice, coconut aminos, brown sugar, garlic, and orange juice in a small bowl and drizzle on top of salad.