- 1 2-inch piece Fresh Ginger
- 4 cloves Garlic, peeled
- 1/4 cup Soy Sauce (gluten-free if needed)
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Sesame Oil
- 1 lb Skirt Steak (or flank steak)
- 2 tablespoons Coconut Oil
- 4 cups Watercress, or Spinach, or Kale
- 2 cups Bean Sprouts
- 2 cups Edamame Beans, cooked
- 4 teaspoons Sesame Seeds
- 2 Limes, juiced
- 2 tablespoons Coconut Aminos
- 2 tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 1/2 Orange, juiced
- 1 Red Chili, diced
- Sauce: Place the Ginger, Garlic, Soy Sauce, Brown Sugar, and Sesame Oil into a food processor and blend until smooth. Marinate the Steak in a covered dish stored in the fridge for 10 to 20 minutes (not totally necessary if in a hurry).
- Salad: While the steak is marinating arrange the salad bowls by layering the Watercress (or greens of your choices) with the Bean Sprouts, and Edamame. Heat the Coconut Oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Remove the steak from the fridge and place in the prepared skillet. Cook for about 8 minutes and flip for an additional 8 minutes, or until the center of the meat reaches 140 degrees. Slice and place on top of prepared salads.
- Dressing: Whisk the Lime Juice, Coconut Aminos, Brown Sugar, Garlic, and Orange Juice in a small bowl and drizzle on top of salads.
The prep time includes marinating the steak for 20 minutes in the fridge.