The Olive Oil Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread is a slightly healthier version of the classic and is packed with zucchini as well as chocolate chips.
- 1/3 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Honey
- 2 large Eggs
- 1/2 cup Milk ((I used Almond Milk))
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups Grated Zucchini ((about 1 large zucchini))
- 1 3/4 cup White Whole Wheat Flour
- 3/4 cup Chocolate Chips
- 2 tablespoons Dried Unsweetened Coconut for topping (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease a 9 x 5 loaf pan (I used Coconut Oil). In a large mixing bowl, combine the Olive Oil and Honey. Beat with a whisk until fully combined. Add the Eggs and beat again until combined.
- Add the Milk, Baking Soda, Cinnamon, Vanilla, Salt and Nutmeg to the bowl and mix well. Using a spoon stir in the Zucchini and then the Flour. Fold in the Chocolate Chips.
- Pour the batter into the greased pan and sprinkle the Coconut Flakes on top. Bake for about 55 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Once cooked allow the bread to cool in the loaf pan for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.