Pimento Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms are a unique take on stuffed mushrooms and are the perfect easy appetizer to prepare for guests.
Hello, Pimento Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms!
Yep, it’s now a thing…
And really and truly this recipe should be labeled as kitchen scraps because that’s exactly how this recipe came to exist. I had the tiniest bit of Pimento Cheese left from making these Pimento Cheese Meatballs and then again there were a handful of leftover mushrooms after making this Cauliflower Crust Quiche.
It would just be plain sinful to waste pimento cheese AND mushrooms. Gasp! So I got scrappy, kitchen scrappy (ick, who is this cheesy person I’ve become ?????). Well, turns out the two go together perfectly. mushrooms and pimento cheese make sweet harmony when combined.
So, is this an appetizer or a side dish? I don’t know! I’m thinking all of the above because I straight up ate these right after I finished shooting them, not gonna lie. So there’s your snack category too.
It’s nice to have some easy appetizers though to throw together when you have company coming over and stuffed mushrooms, no matter how you stuff them, are pretty easy.
I often feel like I neglect the apps when it comes to entertaining and opt for the easy meat and cheese plate, but after making these mushrooms and eating the bacon wrapped, cheese stuffed, jalapeños (that may or may not become a future post) I had at dinner last night I think that’s going to change.
You could just set out some pimento cheese spread and crackers then call it a day, but why not just mix a few more ingredients in and stuff it into some mushrooms? Guest Mind = BLOWN! #WorthIt
Do you have any go-to easy apps you make and if so please do share them in the comments below cause I clearly need some help in this department!
Pimento Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms
- 1 cup Pimento Cheese
- 1 cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 cup Breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon Garlic Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 16 ounces Crimini Mushrooms stems removed
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the pimento cheese, 1/2 a cup of the parmesan cheese, breadcrumbs, garlic powder, and salt.
- Remove the stems from the mushrooms and stuff with the cheese mixture. Sprinkle the top with the remaining Parmesan Cheese.
- Place the stuffed mushrooms on a rimmed baking sheet and cook for 20 to 25 minutes or until tops begin to crisp. Serve warm.