Sweet tea is a southern delicacy and when combined with the Spanish fruit punch, Sangria it’s the perfect summer cooler to sip on. With ripe peaches and blackberries soaked in an orange liqueur muddled with crushed mint, this Sweet Tea Sangria is irresistible.
This post is in partnership with Southern Breeze Sweet Teas. You can find Southern Breeze Sweet Tea products at your local Publix grocery store.
Sweet Tea Sangria
Sangria isn’t just the perfect cocktail for summer, it’s also perfect for drinking during those moments of life when you need to pause. Summer tends to be the time of year when everyone seeks a recharge.
How to Make Sweet Tea
Sweet tea is a southern staple in most refrigerators down south. The ingredients are simple. Sugar and cold tea. Heavy on the sugar though. To make your own sweet tea brew 5 to 6 cups of water and while still warm stir in 1/2 cup to 1 cup, depending on how sweet you like it, of sugar. Chill and serve over tons of ice.
How to Make Sangria
Sangria is made of wine, brandy or liqueur, sometimes sugar, and always lots of fruit. Allowing the fruit to soak in the mixture elevates the flavors of the mixed drink. To make sangria mix the following ingredients together and let chill.
- Wine: red, white, or rose
- Brandy, rum, or orange liqueur
- Sliced fruit
- Sugar, simple syrup, or honey
Serve it over ice and enjoy!
More Summer Recipes to Enjoy
- 3 ounces Orange Liqueur
- 2 Peaches peeled and sliced
- 1 cup Blackberries
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Mint crushed
- 3 cups Southern Breeze Sweet Tea
- 4½ cups White Wine
- 2 tablespoons Lemon Juice
- In a small bowl soak the peaches, blackberries, and crushed mint in the orange liqueur for 20 minutes, or up to 2 hours.
- Prepare the Southern Breeze Sweet Tea according to the package directions and allow to chill at room temperature.
- Pour the wine into a large carafe and add the fruit mixture and sweet tea. Stir in the lemon juice. Serve over ice with additional mint as a garnish.