Cut back on the carbs with these low-calorie Spaghetti Squash Carbonara and enjoy a quick and easy dinner to prepare that the whole family will eat.
- 2 medium-sized Spaghetti Squash
- 8 slices Bacon, cut into small pieces
- 3 large Eggs
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan Cheese, plus more for topping
- 1/2 cup Half-and-half
- Using a small knife carefully poke holes in the Spaghetti Squash all the way around. Place several paper towels in the microwave and lay the squash on top (you can do 2 at a time) and heat for 10 minutes. Using an oven mitten rotate each squash and then heat again for an additional 8 minutes.
- While the squash is in the microwave cook the Bacon in a non-stick skillet and allow it to cool on a paper towel before cutting into small (1/2-inch) sized pieces.
- In a small bowl beat the Eggs and mix in the grated Parmesan Cheese and Half-and-half. Set aside.
- Once the squash is done cooking (you may want to let it cool for a few minutes as it will be very hot to touch), slice the top stem off and then cut the squash in half length-wise. Use a fork to remove the seeds from each center and then pull the spaghetti-like insides out and place in a large bowl. While the spaghetti squash is still warm pour the egg mixture on top and toss to coat (the heat from the squash will safely cook the eggs).
- Top the spaghetti squash pasta with bacon and sprinkle additional parmesan cheese on as well.
This is one of those dishes you’re going to want to eat right away. The squash combo doesn’t keep as well overnight.