Italian Cucumber, Onion, and Tomato Salad
Italian Cucumber, Onion, and Tomato Salad is a toss of rustic seasonal ingredients marinated in a dash of tangy healthy dressing. Full of summer fresh produce this side salad is simple and quick to prepare and perfect for your next gathering.
Servings: 8 Servings
- 3 Vine Ripe Tomatoes cored, and quartered
- 4 Plum Tomatoes cored, and quartered
- 1 English Cucumber sliced thin
- 1/2 Red Onion sliced
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Italian Parsley finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Cilantro finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Brown Sugar
- Salt and Freshly Cracked Black Pepper
- 1/2 cup Italian Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 3 Garlic Cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1 teaspoon Salt
Core the tomatoes, then cut into wedges and half the wedges. Slice the cucumber and red onion and place in a large bowl.
Add the parsley, cilantro, brown sugar, and salt and pepper to the bowl. Toss ingredients to coat.
- Choose high-quality olive oil for the dressing. Heat, light, and age all affect the polyphenol content of olive oil. You can rule out plenty of bottles in the store if they are not dark green or black in color. The green shade is a protectant of harmful light exposure. Extra virgin olive oil is the best you can purchase.
- Don't slice your produce too small. This salad works best when you slice the produce into larger chunks.
- Let the salad marinate overnight. I recommend making this salad the night before you plan on serving it so the vegetables can marinate in the dressing.
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 149kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 298mg | Potassium: 258mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 773IU | Vitamin C: 14mg | Calcium: 23mg | Iron: 1mg