Slow Cooker Sloppy Joes
This kid-friendly recipe for homemade Sloppy Joes is a classic weeknight dinner that's easy to prepare in the slow cooker. Made with ground beef, tomato sauce, ketchup, brown sugar, and plenty of spices for extra flavor these fall-apart sandwiches are ones you'll make over and over.
Servings: 8 Sandwiches
Sloppy Joe Filling
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 lbs Ground Beef
- 1 medium White Onion diced
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 15-ounce Tomato Sauce Can
- ½ cup Ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 1 tablespoons Worchestershire Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 2 teaspoons Cumin
- 8 Hamburger Buns
Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat and add the ground beef. Break beef apart using a spatula and cook for 4 to 5 minutes until the meat starts to brown.
Add the onion and minced garlic and continue to cook until the onions are soft and the meat has browned.
Place the beef mixture into a slow cooker and add the tomato sauce, ketchup, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, dijon mustard, and cumin. Set to low for 4 to 6 hours.
Toast the buns in a toaster oven or the oven. Using a slotted spoon, scoop the meat onto the hamburger buns.
- Use lean ground beef for this recipe to avoid the grease, which if not drained can cause them to be too runny.
- To take your sloppy joe's to the next level try topping them off with some sweet coleslaw or drizzling some Alabama white sauce on top.
- To keep the buns from getting soggy toast them first before adding the sloppy joe mixture.
Serving: 1sandwich | Calories: 463kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 12g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 81mg | Sodium: 472mg | Potassium: 464mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 88IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 112mg | Iron: 4mg