Best Creamed Corn
With a velvety smooth cream sauce and a buttery sweet finish, this recipe is also easy to prepare and can be done in less than 20 minutes, which makes it the Best Creamed Corn. It's comfort food at its finest and perfect for any Thanksgiving spread.
Servings: 6 Servings
- 1 small Onion diced
- 3 tablespoons Butter
- 2 tablespoons Flour
- 5 cups Corn Kernels frozen, canned, or fresh
- 2 teaspoons Sugar
- ¾ cup Heavy Cream
- ¾ cup Milk
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Thyme
In a large pot or Dutch oven melt the butter over medium heat and add the onion. Saute the onion until translucent, about 3 to 5 minutes.
Add the flour and toss to mix, cooking for 1 minute, using a wooden spoon to scrape any browned bits off the bottom.
Place the corn in the pot and cook for 1 additional minute, until just heated.
Stir in the sugar, cream, and milk and let cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes.
Using a slotted spoon remove 1 ½ cup of the corn and set it aside in a bowl. Blend the remaining ingredients using a handheld blender or a stand blender, making sure to leave some bits of corn (the mixture should be lumpy and not perfectly smooth).
Return the corn to the pot and season it with salt, pepper, and fresh thyme.
- When placing warm ingredients into a blender before to hold or lock the top. Warm ingredients explain when blended causing pressure to build.
- You can easily blend this into a smoother creamed corn by removing less corn from the mixture or make it chunkier by removing more corn and setting it aside before blending the rest.
- This creamed corn can easily be turned into a casserole by placing it into a casserole dish and sprinkling some cheese (try mozzarella) and some crushed Ritz crackers on top. Bake it in the oven at 400ºF until the cheese has melted and becomes bubbly.
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 301kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 59mg | Sodium: 329mg | Potassium: 282mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 834IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 73mg | Iron: 1mg