15-Minute Chicken and Shrimp Jambalaya
15 minutes is all you need to prepare a skillet filled with delicious Chicken and Shrimp Jambalaya. I'll show you how to quickly cook this cajun comfort food dinner using simple short cuts so you have dinner on the table in no time.
Servings: 6 Servings
- 2 8.5 ounce Ready Rice
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 lb Shrimp 13 - 15 count
- 1 lb Kielbasa Sausage sliced
- 8 ounces Holy Trinity (green bell peppers, celery, onion)
- 2 Garlic Cloves minced
- 1 15 ounce Can Crushed Tomatoes
- 1 cup Rotisserie Chicken shredded
- 2 teaspoons Hot Sauce
- 2 teaspoons Cajun Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
Microwave the rice for 90 seconds or according to the package directions and set aside.
Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the shrimp in 1 layer (Note: make sure to thaw the shrimp before starting the recipe). Cook for 1 minute and flip to the other side for 1 additional minute. Use a slotted spoon to remove from the skillet and set aside.
Add the sausage and Holy Trinity mix to the skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 4 minutes.
Next add the minced garlic to the skillet and cook for an additional 30 seconds, stirring occasionally.
Reduce the heat to medium-low and pour the crushed tomatoes, chicken, hot sauce, cajun seasoning, and Worcestershire sauce. Cook for 5 more minutes, stirring, until the mixture begins to thicken. Add additional seasoning if desired.
Cajun Seasoning Recipe:
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/8 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon Dried Thyme
Holy Trinity Mix Recipe:
- 1/2 Onion, diced
- 1 Green Bell Pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 stalks Celery, chopped
Serving: 2cups | Calories: 457kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 38g | Fat: 31g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 281mg | Sodium: 1453mg | Potassium: 333mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 328IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 132mg | Iron: 3mg