Vegan Irish Coffee with Coconut Cream
A sweet coffee cocktail topped with a creamy mixture. This Irish Coffee with Coconut Milk is a delicious alternative to the traditional version.
Servings: 2 Servings
Handheld Electric Mixer
- 1/4 teaspoon Nutmeg freshly grated
- 1½ tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 1 cup Prepared Hot Coffee
- 1 ounce Whiskey
COCONUT MILK WHIPPED CREAM
- 1 14-ounce can Full Fat Coconut Milk
- 1/2 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/8 teaspoon Nutmeg freshly grated
Heat a thick-bottomed saucepan over medium heat. Grate fresh nutmeg into the pan with a micro-plane grater. Sprinkle 1 1/2 tablespoons of brown sugar evenly across the pan. The sugar will begin to melt and caramelize.
Once the sugar has caramelized, about 2 to 3 minutes, add two tablespoons of hot coffee and swirl around the pan. Slowly add the whiskey and then pour in the remainder of the hot coffee and mix with a whisk for 2 more additional minutes.
Chill your Coconut Milk overnight in the fridge (or for a minimum of 6 hours), being sure not to shake or tip the can.
Place a mixing bowl into the refigerator for 10 minutes to chill before mixing the coconut cream. Remove the coconut milk from the fridge without tipping or shaking and remove the lid. Scrape the top, thick cream out and leave the liquid behind. Place into the chilled mixing bowl.
Beat for 30 seconds with a mixer until creamy. Add the Vanilla Extract and Powdered Sugar and continue to mix until creamy and smooth, about 1 more minute.
Pour the hot coffee mixture into two glasses and then top with the coconut cream. Use the micro-plane grater to grate some additional nutmeg on top.
- When you add the prepared coffee to the caramelized mixture it may begin to clump. Keep the pot over heat and continue to whisk until the mixture mix together.
- Don't shake or tip your can of canned coconut milk. The creamy sediment on top will mix with the actual coconut milk. For this recipe, you want just the coconut cream on top.
- Before adding the coconut cream to the mixing bowl place it in the refrigerator for 10 minutes to chill.
Serving: 1Serving | Calories: 193kcal | Carbohydrates: 39g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 6mg | Potassium: 58mg | Sugar: 38g | Calcium: 7mg