Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad
This creamy and cold pasta salad is a quick and easy side dish perfect for a picnic that can be made in under 30 minutes. With a unique flavor, Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad, made with peas, is a recipe you'll want to serve all summer long.
Servings: 8 servings
- 1 16-ounce box Elbow Macaroni
- 1 1-ounce Hidden Valley Ranch Dip Seasoning Mix
- 1 16-ounce Sour Cream
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons Hot Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- 16 ounces Cheddar Cheese shredded
- 1 10-ounce bag Frozen Peas thawed
- 10 slices Bacon cooked and crumbled
Bring 6 quarts of salted water to a boil and add the pasta. Cook pasta until al dente, about 8 to 10 minutes. Don’t overcook the noodles because you want them to hold shape well in the salad. Drain and rinse the pasta in cold water and place in a large bowl.
In a medium-sized bowl whisk the ranch dip seasoning mix, sour cream, mayonnaise, hot sauce, and paprika together until fully combined. Add in the crumbled bacon and peas, tossing to coat. Stir in the cooked pasta until completely mixed.
Add the mayonnaise dressing mixture to the pasta and toss to coat.
Mix the cheddar cheese, peas, and crumbled bacon into the pasta mixture and toss until fully incorporated. Cover and place the pasta salad in the fridge for a minimum of 1 hour to get the best flavor.
- To get the ultimate flavor from this pasta salad chill it for at least 2 days before you plan on serving it.
- Since this recipe contains sour cream and mayonnaise make sure to keep it out of direct sunlight if you plan on serving it outdoors.
- To keep the macaroni from absorbing the mayonnaise dressing make sure the noodles are chilled and dry, not wet from rinsing them. I like to spread my noodles out on a paper towel-lined baking sheet before I toss it with the dressing. You can also toss the noodles with 2 tablespoons of olive oil to coat them first.
Serving: 0.5cup | Calories: 441kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 40g | Saturated Fat: 17g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 9g | Monounsaturated Fat: 12g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 84mg | Sodium: 762mg | Potassium: 126mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 720IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 412mg | Iron: 1mg