Similar to a Bloody Mary, this Carrot Juice Bloody Mary, known as a 'Bunny Mary,' is the perfect Easter Cocktail and is made using carrot juice and all the familiar spices and add-ins of the traditional beverage. Best for a spring or Easter brunch use this spicy and tart cocktail to toast warmer days and new beginnings.
Servings: 6 servings
- 32 ounces Carrot Juice
- 1/4 cup Olive Brine
- 1/4 cup Pickle Juice
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire Sauce
- 3 tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 2 tablespoons Hot Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 18 ounces Vodka
Seasoning for Rim of Glass
- 2 teaspoons Old Bay Seasoning
- 2 teaspoons Coarse Salt
- 1 Lemon Wedge
Pour the carrot juice into a large pitcher and mix in the olive brine, pickle juice, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, hot sauce, Old Bay seasoning, salt, and black pepper. Place in the fridge to chill for a minimum of 30 minutes or overnight.
Pour the Old Bay seasoning and coarse salt onto a flat surface or small flat plate and stir to combine.
Using a lemon wedge coat the rim of the glass generously in lemon juice. Dip the sides and top of the glass rim into the seasoning.
Fill each glass with ice and add 2 to 3 ounces of vodka. Pour the carrot juice mixture into the glass and layer with garnishes of your choice.
If you'd like to increase the flavor of the mixture then add more of really anything. If you think it needs more salt then add more salt or if you'd like more tanginess then pour in some more olive brine.
- To line the rim of your glass with seasoning use a lime or lemon wedge and run it along the edge of the glass before dipping it into the mixture. This will allow the seasoning to stick perfectly.
- This drink is best served super cold. Chill the mixture before serving it and pour it over a tall glass filled with ice.
- Mix it before pouring. When preparing to pour the carrot juice mixture into cups stir it up well to make sure the spices are evenly dispersed.
- Make it ahead. It's a good idea to prepare the carrot juice mixture the night before you plan on serving it to let the spices and flavors marinate together.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 284kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 1726mg | Potassium: 566mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 28990IU | Vitamin C: 22mg | Calcium: 68mg | Iron: 2mg