Pistachio Pudding Salad
This dreamy fluff salad is a sweet and crunchy summer side perfect for any potluck or picnic. Made in under 30 minutes and with only 6 ingredients Pistachio Pudding Salad, also commonly known as Watergate salad, is a simple side dish.
Servings: 16 Servings
Large Mixing Bowl
- 1 20 ounce can Crushed Pineapple in juice not syrup
- 3.4 ounces Instant Pistachio Pudding Mix
- 1/2 cup Shredded Coconut
- 1 cup Pecans chopped
- 1½ cups Mini Marshmallows
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- Cherries for topping
In a large bowl mix the crushed pineapple with the instant pistachio pudding until fully combined.
Add the shredded coconut, pecans, and mini marshmallows and stir the ingredients together.
Using a rubber spatula fold the Cool Whip into the pudding mixture until it's completely mixed in with the other ingredients.
Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for 1 hour to chill and firm up (if you're in a hurry it's not completely necessary the salad just won't be cold).
Store any leftovers in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- Do NOT drain the crushed pineapple juice. The juice is a key part of this mixture.
- When adding the Cool Whip use a rubber spatula to fold it in. This ensures you'll end up with the most fluffy salad possible.
- If bringing this to a picnic try and keep it out of direct sunlight if possible. The heat and sun will cause the salad to become runny.
Serving: 0.5cup | Calories: 116kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 2mg | Sodium: 108mg | Potassium: 51mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 28IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 21mg | Iron: 1mg