Pecan Pie Cobbler
A truly decadent dessert that tastes strikingly similar to pecan pie itself, and its way easier to make. This delicious Easy Pecan Pie Cobbler is made from scratch but comes together in minutes. It's simple to prepare and no crust is needed. Better yet, if your pecan pie turns out runny, just turn it into this cobbler.
Servings: 12 Servings
- ½ cup Butter cubed
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour
- ¾ cup Sugar
- 3 teaspoons Baking Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- ⅔ cup Whole Milk
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1½ cup Chopped Pecans
- 1 cup Brown Sugar packed
- ¾ cup Toffee Bits
- 1½ cups Boiling Water
Preheat the oven to 350º F. Slice the butter and scatter the pieces on the bottom of a 9x9 baking dish or pan and melt in the oven. Remove the pan from the oven and set it aside while you prepare the batter.
In a large mixing bowl whisk the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt together until well combined.
Pour the milk and vanilla into the dry ingredients and whisk until a smooth batter forms.
Pour the batter over the melted butter and spread slightly, but don't mix it with the butter.
Starting with the pecans sprinkle them over the batter and top with the brown sugar and toffee bits. Pour the boiling water over the top of the cobbler layers.
Place the dish in the oven and bake for 30 to 35 minutes until the top turns a golden brown and some of the pecan filling bubbles up on the sides. Allow it to cool and thicken for 30 minutes before scooping it out to serve.
- If you do happen to make a pecan pie that is too runny or doesn't turn out you can just scoop the filling out and turn it into this cobbler.
- To store your pecan cobbler or any leftovers you might have allow it to cool completely before placing it in the refrigerator. Cover it in plastic wrap and keep it stored for about 4 to 5 days.
- Want to make a gluten-free pecan pie cobbler? Easy! Replace the flour with a measure-for-measure gluten-free flour. Make sure to check your other ingredients for hidden gluten, but generally, the rest are mostly gluten-free.
Make Ahead Instructions
To make this dessert casserole ahead of time follow the directions entirely and let it cool completely before covering it in plastic wrap and storing it in the fridge. I recommend making it no more than 2 days in advance of when you plan on serving it. To reheat it place it in the oven at 350º F until it's warmed throughout.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 411kcal | Carbohydrates: 51g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 37mg | Sodium: 150mg | Potassium: 218mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 41g | Vitamin A: 436IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 93mg | Iron: 1mg