Is there anything really better than comfort food? And blueberry muffins are just classic right? So what happens when you combine comfort with classic? Well, you get these Blueberry Chia Oat Muffins. Honest! Let me explain…
You know what just really drives me crazy, other than the one person that sits directly next to you at the coffee shop (or on the subway) when the rest of the shop (or car) is completely empty?!?!
Yes, I’m a bit of a personal space fanatic and not quite sure how I survived the likes of NYC for over a decade, BUT what irks me even more is getting behind in life. I basically lose my mind when I get behind in work, personal plans, a slow driver, you name it I don’t like being behind!
And the very next in line of my “list o’ annoyances” is being sick. Combine the two and I might just need to walk straight to a padded room…
Well, here I am with one foot in the padded room because not only am I waaaaay behind on this site, cleaning the house, working out, etc. etc. ETC!! I am indeed also sick… still… Sigh…
However, there is a silver lining, or rather a “blueberry” lining (see what I did there) because these Blueberry Chia Oat Muffins have been my source of comfort for the past couple of days, and probably the direct source for only having one foot in the padded room and not my entire body.
So blueberry muffins are a classic breakfast staple, right? As is oatmeal. Well, I also think they’re a classic comfort food because sometimes when you’re not feeling well you need comfort food in the mornings too. These blueberry muffins are just perfect for those very mornings, or afternoons, nights, midnight snacks, whatever!
Honestly, these are just lovely and when you heat them up and add a little dab of butter well that’s just heaven on earth friends.
I sincerely hope your New Year is off to a better start than mine, but I’ve heard there are many of you out there who aren’t feeling all that well. If you’re like me then these muffins will absolutely help you keep your sanity while you weather your sickness.
As for ease of effort, well, they’re pretty easy to make too. If you’re really savvy you can probably encourage a spouse or friend to make them too so you don’t have to lift a finger! Now there’s an idea!!
- 1 cup Flour
- 1½ cups Oats
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1 tablespoon Chia Seeds
- 1 cup Almond Milk
- 1 Egg
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Either spray your muffin tin with some cooking spray or line them with muffin cups.
- Combine all the dry ingredients (Flour, Oats, Sugar, Salt, Baking Powder, and Chia Seeds) in a large mixing bowl. In a separate bowl whisk together the Milk, Egg, Oil, and Vanilla.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry ingredients and stir until completely combined. Using a spatula gently fold in the Blueberries.
- Divide the batter between 12 muffin cups (I used a large muffin tin and was only able to get 6 large muffins). Top the muffins with additional oats and sprinkle on more chia seeds. Bake for 20 minutes and muffin tops turn a golden brown.