Just as I have my favorite dressing I make often I also have my favorite crema. This Dairy-Free Vegan Lime Crema is a creamy sauce packed with bold flavors of cilantro, lime, and coconut. It pairs perfectly with tacos, fish, or even salads.
This delicious crema is perfect drizzled on top of these Black Bean and Sweet Potato Tacos.
Easy Vegan Crema
If you’re looking for a vegan crema for fish tacos then look no further! This delicious dressing can be made in minutes. This creamy cashew mixture originated when I was making vegetarian tacos and wanted a dairy-free sauce. It brought the entire flavor of the tacos together.
As a sauce and condiment lover who will find any reason to top off their meal with just a little something extra, I highly recommend this recipe. Not only is it vegan, which can be a huge plus if you’re cleaning up your diet or are in fact vegan, but it’s also extremely versatile. The flavor isn’t too overpowering so you can use it as a dip for chips or veggies, or even a dressing for a burrito bowl or a salad.
Ingredients in Dairy-Free Lime Crema
The ingredients in this recipe are simple and most of them you can keep stored in your pantry.
- Canned Coconut Milk
- Raw Cashews (unsalted)
- Freshly Squeezed Lime Juice
- Fresh Cilantro
How to Make Lime Crema
There’s really only one step to this recipe, two if you’d like the texture to be extra creamy.
Place the cashews in a medium bowl and cover with warm water. Let soak for 20 minutes before draining.
Place the cashews, coconut milk, salt, lime juice, and cilantro in a blender or food processor and pulse until completely smooth.
More Flavor Options
- Chili Lime Crema: Add 2 tablespoons of sweet chili sauce.
- Avocado Crema: Replace the coconut milk with 1 full avocado, pit removed.
- Sriracha Lime Crema: Add 1 tablespoon of sriracha sauce.
How to Use this Dairy-Free Vegan Lime Crema Recipe
- Tacos: If you’ve ever wondered what to put in vegan tacos or you’re making plant-based tacos then this dairy-free vegan crema is a perfect sauce. Just drizzle it on top. It’s also the perfect vegan crema for fish tacos.
- Salads: This creamy crema is a great plant-based cilantro lime dressing option that makes a tasty Whole30 dressing as well.
- Sauce: Maybe you’re eating Whole30 or Paleo and would like a delicious sauce that won’t ruin your lifestyle. This crema is that sauce. Place it over steak, fish, or even chicken.
- 1/2 cup Canned Coconut Milk
- 1/2 cup Cashews
- 1/4 teaspoon Coarse Salt
- 3 ounces Lime Juice
- 1/4 cup Fresh Cilantro
- Combined all the ingredients above in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth and creamy.