Just as I have my favorite dressing I make often I also have my favorite crema. This Dairy-Free Vegan Lime Crema is a creamy sauce packed with bold flavors of cilantro, lime, and coconut. It pairs perfectly with tacos, fish, or even salads.
Easy Vegan Crema
If you’re looking for a vegan crema for fish tacos then look no further! This delicious dressing can be made in minutes. This creamy cashew mixture originated when I was making vegetarian tacos and wanted a dairy-free sauce. It brought the entire flavor of the tacos together.
As a sauce and condiment lover who will find any reason to top off their meal with just a little something extra, I highly recommend this recipe. Not only is it vegan, which can be a huge plus if you’re cleaning up your diet or are in fact vegan, but it’s also extremely versatile. The flavor isn’t too overpowering so you can use it as a dip for chips or veggies, or even a dressing for a burrito bowl or a salad.
Ingredients in Dairy-Free Lime Crema
The ingredients in this recipe are simple and most of them you can keep stored in your pantry.
- Canned Coconut Milk
- Raw Cashews (unsalted)
- Freshly Squeezed Lime Juice
- Fresh Cilantro
How to Make Lime Crema
There’s really only one step to this recipe, two if you’d like the texture to be extra creamy.
- Soak. Place the cashews in a medium bowl and cover with warm water. Let soak for 20 minutes before draining.
- Blend. Place the cashews, coconut milk, salt, lime juice, and cilantro in a blender or food processor and pulse until completely smooth.
More Flavor Options
- Chili Lime Crema: Add 2 tablespoons of sweet chili sauce.
- Avocado Crema: Replace the coconut milk with 1 full avocado, pit removed.
- Sriracha Lime Crema: Add 1 tablespoon of sriracha sauce.
How to Use this Dairy-Free Vegan Lime Crema Recipe
- Tacos: If you’ve ever wondered what to put in vegan tacos or you’re making plant-based tacos then this dairy-free vegan crema is a perfect sauce. Just drizzle it on top. It’s also the perfect vegan crema for fish tacos.
- Salads: This creamy crema is a great plant-based cilantro lime dressing option that makes a tasty Whole30 dressing as well.
- Sauce: Maybe you’re eating Whole30 or Paleo and would like a delicious sauce that won’t ruin your lifestyle. This crema is that sauce. Place it over steak, fish, or even chicken.
Dairy-Free Lime Crema
- ½ cup Canned Coconut Milk
- ½ cup Cashews
- ¼ teaspoon Coarse Salt
- 3 ounces Lime Juice
- ¼ cup Fresh Cilantro
- Combined all the ingredients above in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth and creamy.