Instant Pot Sticky Noodles are what dreams are made of as well as eating them straight from the fridge the next day for lunch (it happens…and it should). It’s like take out without having ever gone out! And because this recipe is made in the Instant Pot it’s probably just as easy as the drive-thru.
This recipe is the lazy girl’s/guy’s go-to recipe cause it requires ZERO effort. Just throw it all in the Instant Pot and press start. That’s the kind of pour-yourself-a-glass-of-wine and be done dinner we’re talking about. And all the Moms in cyberland said “Amen!”
So much about this meal is optional too!
- Don’t like bell peppers and snap peas? No problem! Switch it out for broccoli and corn or peas, or mushrooms. Get crazy!
- Use the noodles you like such as egg or lo mein versions. Brown rice isn’t necessary (encouraged, but not necessary).
- Make it meatless or change out the chicken for beef! It all works friends. You do you!!
This is also a fun meal to get kids to try new flavors. I get that is like “mission impossible” at the dinner table, but these are sticky noodles. It’s 2 of the main categories of life that my toddlers live in. Noodles are usually a go in our house and with the veggies drenched in this chili garlic sauce they ate them up and kinda didn’t notice. Wow, just wow! They did ask me what each vegetable was and even though I was all, “taste it first and then I’ll tell you” this recipe still worked.
I’m also all about my Instant Pot right now. Hello, number 1 Christmas gift, I can totally understand the obsession. I am obsessed and poking for any excuse to pull it out. For these sticky noodles, I literally tossed everything in the Instant Pot (I know I said this already, but I’m still in shock) and just pressed start. Every. Single. Ingredient. I mean that’s easy!!
But this sticky noodle recipe isn’t just for dinner. It would work great for meal prep too, I would just suggest making it vegetarian or using beef instead of chicken. After a couple of days stored in the fridge, the chicken starts to dry out so the other variations of this dish are better for you meal-prepping amazing folk out there.
Let’s get sticky! Yeah, that’s weird… sorry…
Instant Pot Sticky Noodles
PSA: BEST. NOODLES. EVA!
Also, this is probably one of the easiest dinners I’ve ever made. You literally toss ALL the ingredients for these deliciously sticky and sweet chili/garlic-type noodles into your Instant Pot and press start.
You got this!!
- Prep Time: 20 Mins
- Cook Time: 15 Mins
- Total Time: 35 Mins
- Yield: 6 Servings
- 1 8-oz box Brown Rice Noodles
- 1/2 cup Soy Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Red Chili Paste or Hoison Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 cups Water
- 1 lb Boneless, Skinless, Chicken Breast (cut into small pieces)
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, sliced thin
- 1 cup Sugar Snap Peas
- Garnish (optional): Green Onions, Sesame Seeds, Peanuts
- Place ALL the ingredients into the Instant Pot. Set to “Manual” and cook for 3 minutes. Release steam and toss to stir ingredients when done.
Go ahead and break the noodles in half so they’ll easily fit into your Instant Pot as well as cook.
- Serving Size: 1 bowl
- Calories: 287
- Sugar: 6.2 g
- Sodium: 794 mg
- Fat: 5.2 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 38.6 g
- Fiber: 1.8 g
- Protein: 19 g
- Cholesterol: 55 mg