Farm fresh produce is in abundance. Honey Bourbon Roasted Carrots are a delicious and rich seasonal side to compliment your main dish. With hints of oaky and caramel notes from the bourbon and a sweet honey glaze, these carrots taste almost like a dessert instead of vegetable.
For this reason, if you crave more farmers market inspired side dishes then try these bread and butter pickles. Especially try some roasted cilantro-lime corn or these spicy southern black-eyed peas are also perfect for this season.
Honey Bourbon Roasted Carrots
With our farmers market in full swing and back-to-school reminders everywhere I’m slowly sliding into the fall season. I’m craving fresh ingredients in abundance. Though I love almost all vegetables, carrots have never been close to the top of my favorites list. These carrots roasted in a honey bourbon glaze are quickly moving higher and higher on the list with each bite.
I got to spend this past weekend with some of the most amazing women in the food blogging world. I came home inspired and with a full heart. There was so much wonderful food such as s’ mores, charcuterie boards, and seafood too. Indulging was our hobby! Now that I’m home though I’m craving a cleaner menu. While these carrots aren’t completely healthy because of the glaze at the end of the day they’re still carrots.
How to Make Honey Bourbon Roasted Carrots
Most versions of carrots are simple, which is one of the most appealing qualities. To prepare this glazed carrot version start by peeling and cutting the carrots into halves lengthwise, and place on a lined rimmed baking sheet.
Whisk the honey, bourbon, and olive oil together and pour over the carrots. Then toss to coat and then season with fresh sprigs of thyme and salt and pepper. Roast in the oven set to 450 degrees for 20 minutes. Remove, toss again, and continue to cook for an additional 20 minutes.
Other Glazed Carrot Combinations
- Honey + Brown Sugar + Butter
- Balsamic Vinegar + Thyme +Honey
- Ginger + Honey + Sesame Oil + Soy Sauce
What to Serve with this Side?
You can easily let these carrots be the showstopper of your meal and let them accompany a simple dinner. For instance, a roast chicken dinner would pair nicely with the carrots. Likewise, a seared steak would be lovely.
Try Some of These Delicious Farm Fresh Sides
- 3 lbs Carrots peeled, halved lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons Honey
- 2 tablespoons Bourbon
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- Fresh Thyme
- Salt and Freshly Cracked Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 450 ℉ and lay the prepared carrots onto a lined, rimmed, baking sheet and set aside.
- Whisk the honey, bourbon, and olive oil together in a small bowl and pour over the carrots. Toss the carrots to coat evenly and season with salt and freshly cracked pepper. Arrange fresh thyme on top.
- Roast carrots for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven, toss, then return and cook for an additional 15 to 20 minutes until carrots are fork-tender.