Instant Pot Sticky Noodles are crunchy vegetables with a sweet and savory gooey brown sugar and soy sauce mixed together in brown rice noodles. A hint of spice from the red chili paste and some chicken added in for protein makes this one delicious meal.
Got noodles on your mind? Try these Take-Out Style Lo Mein.
Instant Pot Sticky Garlic Noodles
Instant Pot Sticky Noodles are what dreams are made of. Likewise, eating them straight from the fridge the next day for lunch is also encouraged. Because these noodles are so easy to prepare it’s like getting take out without having ever gone out! Since this recipe is made in the Instant Pot it’s probably just as easy as the drive-thru.
This recipe is the lazy girl’s/guy’s go-to recipe cause it requires ZERO effort. Just throw it all in the Instant Pot and press start. That’s the kind of pour-yourself-a-glass-of-wine and be-done dinner we’re talking about. And all the Moms in cyberland said “Amen!”
This is also a fun meal to get kids to try new flavors. I get that is like “mission impossible” at the dinner table, but these are sticky noodles. It’s 2 of the main categories of life that my toddlers live in.
Noodles are usually ago in our house and with the veggies drenched in this chili garlic sauce they ate them up and kinda didn’t notice. Wow, just wow! They did ask me what each vegetable was and even though I was all, “taste it first and then I’ll tell you” this recipe still worked.
How to Switch the Ingredients
- Don’t like bell peppers and snap peas? No problem! Switch it out for broccoli and corn or peas, or mushrooms. Get crazy!
- In this recipe, there are many types of Asian noodles that can be used. There are egg noodles, lo mein, and even brown rice noodles for example. Though brown rice noodles are best.
- Make it meatless or change out the chicken for beef! It all works friends. You do you!!
How to Make Sticky Noodles in the Instant Pot
This is one of the simplest recipes I’ve placed on my site. There is little prep to set up the vegetables and cut the chicken. Then place all the ingredients, including the noodles, into the Instant Pot and properly set the time. The only real requirement is an instant pot.
Other Instant Pot Recipes to Try
Instant Pot Sticky Noodles
- 8 ounces Brown Rice Noodles
- 1/2 cup Soy Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Red Chili Paste
- 1 tablespoon Oil I suggest Peanut Oil
- 2 cups Water
- 1 lb Boneless, Skinless, Chicken Breast cut into small cubes
- 1 Red Bell Pepper seeded, sliced thin
- 1 cup Sugar Snap Peas
- 2 teaspoons Sesame Seeds
- 3 Green Onions
- 2 tablespoons Chopped Peanuts
- Place all the ingredients (except for the garnishes) into the Instant Pot, making sure to break the noodles and place on top. Set to "MANUAL" and set cook time for 3 minutes. Allow 10 minutes for the steam to release. Toss the ingredients to mix.
- Garnish with desired toppings.