These Parmesan Roasted Brussel Sprouts are crispy and crunchy with a ton of cheese baked in. This delicious recipe is easy to prepare and the perfect side for any meal.
Brussel sprouts make a delicious and often healthy side dish. If you’re looking for healthier side dish recipes try these Southern Green Beans or this Herbed Potato Salad.
Parmesan Roasted Brussel Sprouts
I didn’t start eating Brussel sprouts until much later in life and I’d like to think it’s because my tastebuds hadn’t quite matured, however, I think it’s more I matured.
My palate was relatively bland and thus moving to New York City after graduating allowed, and sometimes forced, me to expand my food preferences.
Brussel sprouts fell into this category of newfound favorite foods and now I prepare them often. Not only do I now find them delicious, but they’re easy to prepare.
There are many ways to prepare them and this parmesan roasted version is quickly becoming a favorite.
How to Trim Brussel Sprouts
Brussel sprouts can be roasted whole, however, they tend to have a slightly softer texture when halved. To trim the brussels sprouts use a knife to slice off the bottom stem. Remove any brown or wilted leaves and then cut in half from top to bottom.
Equipment Used in Making this Recipe
- Parchment Paper: I can’t stress always using high-quality parchment paper enough. I’ve ruined countless recipes because I bought a cheap version.
- Rimmed Baking Sheet: I only have 1 rimmed baking sheet being a minimalist, and it’s all I’ve ever needed.
- Paring Knife: When cutting small vegetables like Brussels sprouts I prefer to use a paring knife like this one.
- Cutting Board: This Joseph cutting board is one of my favorites. I use mine all the time.
- Fish Spatula: This type of spatula is great for tossing ingredients on a baking sheet as well as using when cooking fish.
How to Bake Crispy Roasted Brussel Sprouts
Roasting Brussel sprouts is one of the easiest ways to prepare the vegetable, but getting the perfect crispiness can sometimes be tricky. Below are a few tips that apply to this recipe.
- Cutting the sprouts in half will help them to cook more evenly in this recipe and result in crispier Brussel sprouts.
- The breadcrumbs and parmesan combined will add extra crispiness to these particular sprouts.
- Roast the Brussel sprouts for 25 to 30 minutes only at 400℉. Cooking them any longer will cause them to dry out.
What to Serve with Roasted Brussel Sprouts
- Traditional Meatloaf: This heavier main course pairs perfectly with this Brussel sprouts side dish.
- Baked Balsamic Chicken: The flavors of this dish compliment the breaded parmesan of these Brussel sprouts.
- Easy Lemon Garlic Skillet Chicken: A quick dish that works well with this side.
Parmesan Roasted Brussel Sprouts
- 16 ounces Brussel Sprouts
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Pepper
- 4 Garlic Cloves minced
- ¼ cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- ¼ cup Breadcrumbs
- Preheat the oven to 400℉ and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Trim the Brussel sprouts and place in a large bowl. Add the olive oil, salt, pepper, minced garlic, parmesan cheese, and breadcrumbs. Mix the ingredients together.
- Spread the mixture evenly in one layer on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes, or until the edges begin to crisp and turn brown.