Last Updated on
A mix of tomatoes, broth, and vegetables tossed with sautéed shrimp sausage and yellow rice all made in less than 30 minutes. This Shrimp and Sausage Spanish Rice is a flavorful family favorite.
Shrimp and Sausage Spanish Rice
Cue some summer dinner vibes with sausage and shrimp rice cause it’s an easy-breezy dinner meal as in you can make it under 30 mins and requires practically no prep. Oh, and it pairs nicely with that chilled glass of wine you may or may not need (cheers). Me, I need it all, wine included, cause we just got back from a vacation after vacation, and while both were great, traveling (back-to-back) with toddlers is not for the faint-hearted (read: me!).
The dinner time struggle this time of year, for me, seems so real because of 1). it’s hot, like really hot, and I don’t want to turn my stove on, 2). I’m running low on energy cause of that whole no school and kids home all day thing (love them though), and 3). I really just want to drink smoothies or eat snacks for dinner instead. That should be a thing, I might do it…
Ingredients in Shrimp and Sausage Yellow Rice
- Smoked Sausage
- Yellow Rice
- Red Onions
- Diced Tomatoes
- Chicken Broth
- Diced Green Chiles
Tips for Cooking Shrimp and Sausage
- Purchase pre-chopped and canned ingredients where possible.
- Cook all the ingredients in one skillet, with the exception of the rice which goes in a separate pot.
- Use the yellow rice seasoning bag when cooking the rice for extra flavor.
While the mixture cooks it smells SO GOOD friends. You may just want to eat it straight from the skillet but hold back cause when it’s paired with the rice you’re gonna experience a mind-blowing dinner experience and you don’t want to miss it.
More Sausage and Shrimp Recipes
- 8 ounces Shrimp deveined and tails on
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 lb Smoked Sausage
- 6 ounces Yellow Rice 1 package
- 1/2 cup Red Onion diced
- 14.5 ounces Diced Tomatoes do not drain
- 1/4 cup Chicken Broth
- 2 Garlic Cloves minced
- 1 cup Frozen Peas thawed
- 8 ounces Diced Green Chiles do not drain
- Prepare the Spanish Rice according to the package directions (start this first so it’s done when the other ingredients are). Most versions take about 20 minutes.
- Coat a large non-stick skillet with cooking spray; heat skillet over medium-high heat. Add Sausage and Red Onion. Cook and stir until sausage is cooked through and onion becomes slightly translucent about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Stir in Diced Tomatoes, Broth, and Garlic. Bring to boiling, reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Add in the Shrimp, Peas, Green Chile Peppers. Cook, continuing to stir, for 5 to 7 minutes, or when shrimp is pink and are opaque. Season with Salt and Pepper.
- Serve over (or tossed with) Spanish Rice.