Last Updated on
The Witches Brew Cocktail is a devilishly delicious drink with sweet raspberry notes of Chambord mixed with vodka and pomegranate juice. A slight hint of maple syrup and a frothy egg white topping make this Halloween cocktail irresistible.
Witches Brew Cocktail
Beautifully prepared cocktails are a weakness of mine. I’ve been known to catch a glimpse of a passing waiter carrying a tray of cocktails and immediately say, “I’ll have what she’s having!” Personally, I’ve always thought crafted cocktails with an egg white froth to be exquisite yet complicated. However, the mixology required for this drink is extremely simple.
When I lived in New York City one of my dearest friends decided to become a mixologist for a brief time at a swanky hotel in Tribeca. During her bartending days, we would often visit her and I always asked her to prepare me something unique. One such time I requested a drink that was not only unique but purple. It would be the first time I ever tasted Chambord. Though this Witches Brew Cocktail is not the exact same concoction, it’s extremely similar.
This purple pomegranate-infused cocktail with the egg white froth is delicious and the perfect cocktail to serve this Halloween season.
How to Make an Egg White Froth
Making an egg white froth for your cocktail is simple and is a delicious addition to seasonal drinks. The egg white will naturally separate using the process below.
- First, separate the egg yolk from the white and discard the yolk.
- Place the egg white into a cocktail shaker along with the other ingredients. Do not add ice! Dry shake the ingredients vigorously for 1 minute.
- Add ice to the cocktail shaker and vigorously shake again for 1 minute.
- Use a cocktail strainer instead of shake lid to strain the cocktail into a martini glass.
Other Witches Brew Cocktail Combinations
- Leave off the egg white: the egg white isn’t necessary at all and if you decide to leave it off, I suggest adding a splash of ginger beer or Sprite on top.
- Swap the juice: easily change the pomegranate juice for cranberry or even grape juice.
- Flavored vodka: add almost any fruity flavored vodka or even one with a sweet flavor infusion to add more taste.
- 1/4 cup Pomegranate Juice
- 2 ounces Vodka
- 1 ounce Chambord
- 1 teaspoon Maple Syrup
- 1 large Egg White
- Separate the egg yolk from the white. Discard the yolk and pour the egg white into a cocktail shaker.
- Place the remaining ingredients into the cocktail shaker and shake vigorously without and ice for 1 minute. Add ice to the cocktail shaker and shake again vigorously for another 1 minute.
- Using a cocktail strainer, strain the cocktail out into a martini glass.