Decadently delicious and fluffy fall-infused Pumpkin Spice Waffles are the season’s best breakfast option. Top with homemade cinnamon almond whipped cream and drizzle in maple syrup for the ultimate indulgence.
Pumpkin Spice Waffles
Crisp fall weekend mornings are made for a steaming cup of coffee and a decadently delicious seasonal breakfast. Pumpkin everything is dancing through my mind and I can’t seem to indulge my tastebuds enough with the nutmeg, ginger, clove, and cinnamon spices.
Big weekend breakfasts are also dreamy, and though we don’t consume them often, I try to squeeze in a few when we get a lazy morning.
Pumpkin spice waffles pair so perfectly with this shift in the year where life tends to speed up with festivities but also opens up for a little more time spent with those we love.
Pumpkin Spice Waffle Topping
Though I’m a purist when it comes to waffle and pancake toppings, there’s something divine about slathering these in warmed butter and whipped cream.
Not just any whip cream. A cinnamon almond homemade whipped cream is absolutely necessary. To make this divine topping follow the steps below:
- 1/2 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 teaspoons Granulated Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Almond Extract
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- Pour the heavy whipping cream in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. Set the speed to medium-high and mix until soft peaks begin to form about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Turn the speed to low and add in the sugar, almond extract, and cinnamon. Mix until just combined.
How to Make Fluffy Waffles
The trick to achieving a springy soft waffle is in the eggs. By separating the eggs and adding the yolks to the initial mixture, and then beating the whites until stiff and fluffy, which you fold in at the end, you get fluffy waffles. Though this is an extra step it’s one I highly encourage because the outcome is so wonderful.
Delicious Fall Breakfast Recipes Not to Miss
- 1/2 cup Coconut Oil melted
- 1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 15 ounces Pumpkin Puree
- 2 Eggs separated
- 1/2 cup Whole Milk
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1½ cups Flour
- 1 tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- Preheat the waffle iron and spray with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl whisk the melted coconut oil, granulated sugar, brown sugar, pumpkin puree, egg yolks only, milk, and vanilla extract together until fully combined.
- In a separate bowl mix the flour, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, and salt. Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and stir until just combined.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, whisk the egg whites until white and fluffy with soft peaks, about 8 to 10 minutes set on medium-high speed. Gently fold the egg whites into the waffle mixture with a spatula.
- Scoop about 3/4 cup of waffle batter out and pour onto the prepared waffle iron. On average cook each waffle for about 3 minutes or using the medium setting on your waffle iron.