Some of the best recipes are simple in nature, which is often where the beauty in the mix lies. This Simple Margarita Recipe is a perfect marriage of tart and tangy, sweet and salty. Though the ingredients are few, they combine into the best cocktail.
Simple Margarita Recipe
I may not always have the ingredients memorized for all the cocktails I’d like to mix, however, there are a few, those ones I savor as my own personal favorite whose recipe is ingrained. In no way can I claim this recipe. This mix was passed down to me and as someone who consumes margaritas regularly, I consider this the best margarita recipe.
I’ve made many margarita variations, but never, until now mastered the perfect mix of tangy-tart and sweet.
How to Make a Margarita
The most cumbersome mixology portion of this recipe is the squeezing of the limes. After the juices have been squeezed the only step is to mix them into the others and chill.
Garnish each glass by salting the rim. Use one of the leftover limes to wet the edge and dredge the glass into a flat plate with coarse salt. Pour the cocktail over ice and enjoy.
Ingredients You’ll Need
To Make a Single-Serve Margarita
Once you learn the perfect combination of each individual ingredient in this recipe your cravings may spike on occasion. On the contrary, a pitcher full may be unnecessary. Should you find yourself in such a circumstance follow these guidelines.
- 2 ounces Fresh Squeezed Lime Juice (about 2 to 3 limes)
- 2 teaspoons Agave Nectar
- 1 ounce Orange Liqueur
- 2 ounces Tequila
- Splash of Fresh Squeed Orange Juice (optional)
- Garnish: lime wedges and salt rim
Other Decadent Cocktail Recipes Similar to the Simple Margarita
- 15 Limes
- 5 ounces Agave Nectar
- 15 ounces Tequila
- 8.5 ounces Orange Liqueur like Cointreau
- 3 ounces Fresh Orange Juice optional
- Lime Wedges
- Salt for rim
- Firmly roll each lime against a counter to loosen some of the juices. Slice in half and squeeze each lime into a measuring cup using a juice press.
- Place the remaining ingredients into a pitcher and whisk to combine. Add the limes and continue to stir. Put in the fridge to chill for 30 minutes before serving or pour a single serving into a cocktail shaker filled with ice and shake vigorously. Strain over ice.
- To garnish use a lime wedge to wet the edge of your glass and dredge the rim into salt.