You know bruschetta is like the caviar of summer right? Now that we’ve cleared that up then you should know Bruschetta Chicken Pizza is your fancy modern meal for a very epic summer.
Personally, I like to make a huge batch of bruschetta using fresh tomatoes, variety preferred, red onions (maybe even a mix here if I’m feeling flippant), all from the farmers market. Then I’ll take some leaves from my basil plant named Basel shred it and toss it right in. It’s all very local… Best of all, it’s SO FRESH!
What does one do with huge amounts of bruschetta? I’m glad you asked:
- Make this very simple Bruschetta Chicken and wow your friends, family, etc.
- Obviously, you’ll want to prepare some of this Bruschetta Chicken Pizza, it is what we’re here for after all.
- You could also do the most civilized thing and grab a bag of chips, crackers even, and dive right into the bowl of freshly made goodness.
Some call it leftovers, I call it brilliant culinary planning…
Go ahead and grab some crackers and just jump right into this bowl! I’ll wait…
Let me break it down for you.
Start your week out by making a huge, and I’m talking like 4 chicken breasts (2 rotisserie chickens) batch of shredded chicken. Then go straight into whipping, chopping, you get the idea, up a bowl of fresh bruschetta. Now you’re in a good place because you can make all of these meals in minutes. MINUTES friends. Those are more minutes for you to spending summering, as in the VERB “summer”!
I want your summer to be easy, and while there are a few steps to get this bruschetta chicken pizza ready from start to finish, if you’ve meal prepped earlier in the week then you’ve already cut the time in half.
Amazingness at it’s best in one picture! Take a slice will you.Print
Bruschetta is the caviar of summer and thus Bruschetta Chicken Pizza is your fancy modern meal for a very epic tasty summer.
- 2 Plum Tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 Red Onion, chopped finely
- 1/8 cup Fresh Basil or Parsley, shredded
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to season
- 1 Pie Crust (frozen, prepared or homemade)
- 1 – 2 tablespoon Olive Oil + more for crust
- 1 /2 cup Chicken, shredded
- 6 ounces Fresh Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 ounce Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 3 teaspoon Brown Sugar
- Chicken: Heat Olive Oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat and season both sides of the Chicken with the Italian Seasoning and Salt and Pepper. Add the chicken to the prepared skillet and cook on each side for 6 to 7 minutes or until the internal temp reached 160 degrees. Shred using 2 forks.
- Bruschetta: While the chicken is cooking, chop the Tomatoes, Onion, and Basil and place in a medium bowl. Add the Olive Oiland Salt and Pepper then toss to coat evenly.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Brush the Pie Crust edge with Olive Oil. Tear the Mozzarella Cheese into pieces and arrange randomly on the pie. Top the cheese with the shredded chicken and then sprinkle on the bruschetta. Place the pizza in the oven to cook for 15 to 18 minutes or until cheese bubbles up and is melted.
- Balsamic Glaze: Whisk the Balsamic Vinegar and Brown Sugar together in a small saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. Allow mixture to boil for 1 minute and then turn heat to low and simmer for an additional 5 to 7 minutes, or until the vinegar begins to thicken. Set aside.
- Once the pizza is cooked, remove from the oven and pour the balsamic glaze on top and sprinkle with Parmesan Cheese.
Chicken: If you’re looking to cut down on the cook time significantly use your Instant Pot to cook the chicken, or buy a cooked rotisserie chicken or already shredded rotisserie chicken, which some grocery stores sell.