You know bruschetta is like the caviar of summer right? Now that we’ve cleared that up then you should know Bruschetta Chicken Pizza is your fancy modern meal for a very epic summer.
Personally, I like to make a huge batch of bruschetta using fresh tomatoes, variety preferred, red onions (maybe even a mix here if I’m feeling flippant), all from the farmers market.
Then I’ll take some leaves from my basil plant named Basel shred it and toss it right in. It’s all very local… Best of all, it’s SO FRESH!
What does one do with huge amounts of bruschetta? I’m glad you asked:
- Make this very simple Bruschetta Chicken and wow your friends, family, etc.
- Obviously, you’ll want to prepare some of this Bruschetta Chicken Pizza, it is what we’re here for after all.
- You could also do the most civilized thing and grab a bag of chips, crackers even, and dive right into the bowl of freshly made goodness.
Some call it leftovers, I call it brilliant culinary planning…
Go ahead and grab some crackers and just jump right into this bowl! I’ll wait…
Let me break it down for you.
Start your week out by making a huge, and I’m talking like 4 chicken breasts (2 rotisserie chickens) batch of shredded chicken. Then go straight into whipping, chopping, you get the idea, up a bowl of fresh bruschetta.
Now you’re in a good place because you can make all of these meals in minutes. MINUTES friends. Those are more minutes for you to spending summering, as in the VERB “summer”!
I want your summer to be easy, and while there are a few steps to get this bruschetta chicken pizza ready from start to finish, if you’ve meal prepped earlier in the week then you’ve already cut the time in half.
Amazingness at its best in one picture! Take a slice, will you.
Bruschetta Chicken Pizza
- 2 Plum Tomatoes diced
- ¼ Red Onion chopped
- ⅛ cup Fresh Basil torn
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- ⅛ teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Pie Crust frozen, homemade, or store-bought
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 6 ounces Mozzarella Cheese shredded
- 1 ounce Parmesan Cheese
- ½ cup Rotisserie Chicken shredded
- 3 tablespoons Balsamic Glaze
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Chop the tomatoes, onion, and basil and place in a medium bowl. Add the olive oil, salt, and pepper then toss to coat evenly.
- Roll out the pie dough onto a baking sheet or pie sheet and brush the dough with 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella and parmesan cheese on top of the dough and layer with the chicken.
- Spread the bruschetta on top of the pizza and cook for 15 to 18 minutes or until cheese bubbles up and is melted.
- Allow the pizza to cool for 5 minutes before drizzling the balsamic glaze on top.